Electric Fan Which One???

• Sponsors (?)

I ran the Proform fan for a month or so (the generic black magic,) and the temperature probe tip broke off.. it almost looked like a tiny piece of solder or something.. it was crap. I can't say the same about the Black Magic, since I never ran it, but the DCC unit's temperature probe is much more stable looking.

I would personally do the Taurus fan swap.. there are several people around running that setup (I ran it as well..) and whether you go with the DCC unit to control it, or just the regular setup with a Bosch 75amp relay, it'll be a great upgrade for you, and it's very simple to install.

I agree with SGarlic. For the forced induction, if you can fit it on there, the Mark VIII might be nice (overkill is good). Then again, it is not all that hot up in BC from what I recall.

The Mark VIII, 3.8L Taurus, SN95, MN, Viper fans all should work well. And a DcControl would be an excellent way to top it off (with the money saved by using a J/Y fan).

Good luck.

I have the Taurus 3.8 fan with a DC controler. The fan is perfect. I did my reasearch and for a Super Charger in my opinion is the best. This fan pushes air like crazy, is like 3800 cfm in the high speed. Get one and you won't be disapointment.

I run a volvo electric fan. That thing is a monster. It moves large volumes of air you can feel it sucking in air. It is a big fan too and fits perfectly over the radiator, like its made for the 5.0.

You can get em on ebay.

don't go with a black magic. i own one and on hot summer days that thing struggles to keep my N/A 351w cool. havent actually ever orverheated but i dont live in a city with stop and go traffic. have seen 220+ temps a few times and i don't like that. i think im going to have to upgrade it.