Electric supercharger

gcomfx.com said:
READ my post... I never once said a post count = car knowledge. :nonono: I would NEVER say that. His signature was basically bashing all the guys on here that have mods in their signature. So I posted the reason. Plain and simple. I have an issue with my fuel system right now. So I have all my fuel upgrades in my signature. We have a small nitch of those who own AODE's here.... they like to know how the times compare to 5 speed cars. Others want to know how the Zex kits work and how well. The information is listed. You guys act like you never get PMs asking for help or something? I get them every once in a while because people find valuable information in my signature. Calling me a bragger for helping someone is about as cool as changing my words around to say low post counts = mechanical newbie. :(

So whats wrong with your fuel system? Maybe I can help...

• Sponsors (?)

flashbang756 said:
Nope. Hadn't had anyone ask as of yet. And this project has been going on since May of last year. :nice:

I edited my post as soon as I made it. I read that it was a "project" so of course people won't ask what it runs as it doesn't even run yet. :D You can bet I'll be curious what it runs when it is finished. :nice:

chickendreamer said:
So whats wrong with your fuel system? Maybe I can help...

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=609275

Any help I can get I would appreciate. I'm about ready to take it to a shop as I'm not a very good mechanic (big post count, not big mechanical experience here thus why I would never judge someone by their post count), and I don't have time or money to keep throwing things at it. :nonono:

Okay we are way off topic now.... but I've been out of town of business, and haven't even looked at the car since the last post in that thread. I just don't see replacing the pump in the tank and getting the exact same results with a new pump. :nonono:

Swarzkopf said:
gcomfx.com is teh win for sure.

I went with an Edge Racing Converter based on PM conversations we had after I saw his signature after a search.

So yeah, the sig was very helpful.

:nice: I usually learn things the expensive way... the converter was no exception, when trying cheaper ones first. :bang:

Glad it worked out for you, and glad my signature could help. I too look at sigs when reading threads of people I don't know. I mean we all have basically the same car, the mods are about the ONLY thing that seperates us.

Now get that car to the track and post a 12! If you get as close as I have without making it.... I hear an electric supercharger will fo sho put you over the top! :D

Now get that car to the track and post a 12!

I sure hope so....the track opens in April. All I want is that 12 second slip!

If you get as close as I have without making it.... I hear an electric supercharger will fo sho put you over the top

LOL

I don't know though man, adding two power adders could be dangerous...

Okay, now to go even MORE off-topic...

How close is Ozark, MO, to Columbia, MO? A good friend of mine with an LT1 TransAm lives in Columbia and is always talking **** about how he'd smoke me if we ever lined up.

I'll run him as soon as I get my electric supercharger installed. Going to run one on each tailpipe so it'll help pull the exhaust out as the juice shoves the air in. :nice:

BTW - I'm 5 miles south of Springfield, MO. So not TOO far from him.

On a curious note, I have seen a Electric supercharger that actually works, used three motors to drive a centifugal compressor wheel, drained two 600CCA SLA batteries in under 10 seconds, but managed to turn over 300whp out of a Nissan FJ20 - The australian site "Autospeed" covered it a while back.

To me, this is just a scam. A friend of mine bought one of those Tornado Air things, and it was the biggest PoS. We broke it installing it, because it wouldn't fit on his 3.4L V6 camaro. This will probaly be the same thing.

If I were you, I would look into different mods. If you plan on doing them yourself, get U/D pullies and a short shifter(around 280), or gears if you want a shop to do them(400-500).

They DO work there is no doubut about that, it is SIMPLE PHYSICS.

What is also SIMPLE PHYSICS is that it is costly, short-lived, bottom line incredibly inefficient. The amount of batteries (tons of weight) and size (taking up the whole car, not to mention the cost. Negates any actual gains.

Now if you want to talk about electric motor cars that go 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and make 100% TQ at..oh..um...0RPM, THAT'S the future of electronic integration into perfromance vehicles, not the TOURBHONADER!:eek:

SWYZ721 said:
Now if you want to talk about electric motor cars that go 0-60 in 3.6 seconds and make 100% TQ at..oh..um...0RPM, THAT'S the future of electronic integration into perfromance vehicles, not the TOURBHONADER!:eek:

Um, not quite right - check out the torque curve for any single phase or 3-phase motor. Peak torque is not at 0 rpm - but it is pretty high compared to a IC engine.

215what said:
When I went to sema I ran in to the e-racing motor sports, The guy was showing me how it work and stuff. Man I'am a believer for 300 buck's and 10hp dyno proven It will my next mod!!
Check out there site. electricsupercharger.com

I no some poeple think it's a waste but for 300 buck's what else will give you that kind power?
this thread must be a joke, but if it isnt and you want to throw away your money, just drop me a PM. i will give you my address so you can mail the cash to me instead.