Electric Water Pump setup

76mach1

Oct 13, 2008
I have been thinking about going to an electric water pump on my 302 to free up some power and lack of room between my rad and engine. I was looking at them and wanted to know if you have to change any of the hose locations around. For exampel, on a stock unit you have two water ports (one goes to the thermostat housing, and the other goes to the heater core). Though i noticed the electric units do not have those ports on top of the pump. I was wondering if anyone here has an electric pump and how they have them setup.

• Sponsors (?)

The Meizere 55 gpm pump has provisions for the heater hoses,the 35 gpm pump does not.

35 gpm pump
DSCF0958.jpg

P1010412.jpg

I have the 55 gpm pump but dont have a pic right now. I will get one

readytogo.jpg

That's the street pump, 55gpm. Ive had it for quite a few yrs now and works great. Love it at the drags with an electric fan, cool down between rounds not an issue. :) Hit the burnout box at 120 degrees every time. You can see the heater outlet on it but its plugged.

After searching around the forums, it seems the 55gpm pumps are for only "race engines". All i have is a mild built 302 pushing around 300hp. It seems just a lil overkill to me, or am i wrong?

you can drill at tap lines from the 35 gpm to the heater core. If you send your pump back, Meiziere will do it for you for $30 or so. Or, they will send you a fax with instructions. If you pm me with your email address, I will send you the instructions they faxed me.