Electrical experts...in here!!!!

67coupe

Founding Member
Apr 5, 2002
Huntsville, AL
I'm trouble shooting a problem I have only during highway driving.

It feels like a slight miss, but only happens on the highway. It is not consistant, only under light load and does not happen when accelerating. The car ran an 8.64 @ 82.2 mph with mods in sig on street tires. It's safe to say this miss is not constant. So, I'm looking at the EGR eliminator I just installed. Before I get any comments, the car has had the vac line removed from the EGR valve for over 2.5 years with no problems.

Here's what I'm confused about.

1) When measuring signal return voltage from the EGR position sensor, the voltage should increase as the valve opens. Correct?

2) Given #1, as resistance of the EGR position sensor increases, signal voltage should decrease. Correct?

Here's the problem.

Resistance of stock EGR position sensor installed in EGR valve, closed position = 3300 ohms

Resistance of EGR eliminator = 2050 ohms

So, you would expect the signal return voltage for the EGR eliminator to be higher than the stock EGR valve in closed position. Correct?

Well, its not.

Sig return volt: EGR elim = 0.454 V

Sig return volt: Stock EGR, closed = 0.617V

The car does not miss with the EGR eliminator removed and EGR position sensor installed. I was just hoping to find out why.

Anyone see any problems in the results I'm getting.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)