Electrical issues.... HELP!

Jeffrostang

Founding Member
Jan 4, 2001
Richmond, VA
Car was fine last night. I go out this morning and my Keyless entry doesn't work, odd. Then I start it up and my clock, radio, headlights, door locks and mirrors do not work. My Airbag light is also coming on. I checked fuses and All of these things are on Maxi Fuse 14 under hood. Fuse is good and has power on both sides. Then I check the indivual fuses under dash and I have no power on fuses 5 and 8 which would control most of these things. Anyone have any ideas? Not sure where to go from here.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you check the individal fuses in the black power distribution box under the hood. Once open you will see all the 20-25-and 30 amp fuses that are in a row. If all the under the dash fuses are good, then I'm guessing one of them under the hood is gone. I just fixed a simular problem yesterday on mine. My power seats and cigarete lighters wouldn't work. I found the 1 30 amp was gone under the hood.

Anyone? I'm thinking I may have to take it to the dealer. I'm losing power between the under hood power block and the block under the dash. I don't think they would put a fusible link on that since there is a big maxi fuse in the engine compartment.

I have wondered about the wiring from the distribution block to the interior fuse box. I see a decent voltage drop in between the two on my 94. At some point, I will have to take the underhood fuse box out and give it a once over.