Electrical Mayhem...

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Na5.0HO, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Na5.0HO

Na5.0HO New Member

I've been doing some work on my 88 GT and have recently found myself with no interior dash lights of exterior lights (front and rear daytime runners or something?) The headlights and brake lights still work but no markers or rear running lights. The fuses are all still good and thats the extent of my electrical knowledge...are these all connected? Is ther a short somewhere?
    Thanx for any help.
  2. Black331Stang

Black331Stang Active Member

take out the headlight switch and see if its burned up or any wires popped out...if its burned up and some wires are damaged good luck finding a new one with some wire attached so u can splice it. took me like 3 months to find that. and it still didnt work..turns out wires burned all the way to god knows where and i had amustang shop fix it...check the brown clip (headlight pulg) for any darker brown spots or the slightest burn. if so DONT use your foglights. sorry for teh bad news but u dont want what happened to me to happen to u..what a PITA and $$

Sponsored Ad

3. Starscream88

Starscream88 New Member

Mine has dome that a few times,
    Turned out to be the headlight switch,

check it out
  4. Na5.0HO

Na5.0HO New Member

Thanx alott... I appreciate the help. Hopefully it's not something expensive, because than I'll be screwed for a while.. haha