Electrical Problem-Help would be great

Cen10nialKid

Sep 25, 2004
Hey havent posted in awhile, i sold the stang to a friend and im posting this for him. Heres the problem, My friend installed a system, headunit(alpine), subs, and speakers. In the trunk, he set up a fan to cool the amps from over heating. The fan was being run off the 12v acc from the headunit (ran the power that was so when ignition was turned on fan would come on), everyhting was working good until he was moving something in the trunk and the 12v wire to the fan came loose and grounded itself. The car was running and the stereo shut off and would not turn back on. I checked all the fuses on the car and the headunit none were blown, even switched the stock headunit back in and that also would not turn on, it did have power though because you were able to eject and load cds with the stock unit, its just would not turn on with the ignition. Even used an electrical tester to verify that there was power to the headunits themselves. Now a weird problem, the windshield wipers no longer work as well. checked the fuses on that and same thing none were blown. this has been puzzling me and it would be a great help if someone could give me an idea as to whats wrong. Sorry if the post is a bit confusing let me know if i need to clear anything up. Thanks in advance for your help

• Sponsors (?)