Electrical quetsions regarding locks/windows.

will_95gt

Jul 27, 2004
Austin, TX
Welp,

The other day, a passenger informed me that my door lock switch and window up/down switch were both not functioning on the passenger door. I checked the driver side switches and the door lock switch worked fine but the passenger window switch didn't work on my side either.

I tour the pass side door apart today and after playing with the window motor both passenger and driver side door switches now fully control that window--so that's fixed. The door lock switch on the pass side, however, still doesn't work.

I put a multimeter up to the wires' connection points to the switch harness and it reads roughly -12 volts on each wire/ground combination. How can I test the switch further for signs of wear/malfunction? Or does this mean that the switch is indubitably the problem?

Also, while I'm fiddling around in there, I was wondering if any of you have heard of someone setting up the power window switches so that they are functional for a small grace period after the car is turned off. Many other cars have this feature and my car tends to get jealous.

Thanks in advanced,

-Will

• Sponsors (?)

What was wrong with your window switch. I have the same problem. The window switch doesn't work and the lock switch is intermittent.

Nothing was wrong with the switch itself, I pulled the window motor and connected it to the harness and it was working. So (even though I have a few extra motors) I just put it back in and everything worked fine. I'm assuming that the gears were just stuck on something; its all i can think of.