Electronic Cutouts... how much do they help the 4.6?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, they would be all sorts of fun... One thing I always wanted to do was to pick a race all quiet like... then pull up and open the dumps... and VRROOOOMMmmm.rumble.rumble.rumble. :D

PoXiC said:
Yeah, they would be all sorts of fun... One thing I always wanted to do was to pick a race all quiet like... then pull up and open the dumps... and VRROOOOMMmmm.rumble.rumble.rumble. :D

that would be awesome!!!! i would love to do that too. i had bought some manualy cutouts, but the guy at the exhaust shop said they wouldnt weld very well since they were iron, so i sent them back. make a video if u get them!

Well they would be nice to have,but if I read that price correctly($349.95) they are NOT worth it.Thats just insane!I would make my own,or just buy some mechanical ones before I would shell out that kind of cash for a few ponies.My .02.

With the group buy, I can get them for less than $200. The price isn't what's driving me away... I'm just wondering if there are guys that use them, and how much diffrence it makes.

I wonder if you could pass state inspection with one of those? It's a neat little mod. With the flip of a switch, your exhuast goes wide open and with another flip, its back to its normal self. Seems interesting. I agree that you would probably loose some torque down low but then again these are OHC motors we're talking about. If you like to run the 1/4 mile, see good track time, and don't feel like getting under your car all the time, it would probably be worth it.

BLUE03GT said:
cousin had them on his 97 Cobra..lose low end torque and maybe gain a bit high end....over all i think they make the car slower... and a friend had one on his LT1 Camaro and same thing... however... they do sound sick!
:bs:
Perhaps you could explain, how, at any one RPM,
increased backpressure can increase torque.

I'd like to get a set just for cruising. Having them open until you get pulled over and then close'm and say what are you talking about officer that wasn't my car at 115db.
They'd probably help out on long runs with cars with a little more horsepower. After you run through 3rd just flip the switch and let it breath a little easier.

Let me know if we can get a group pruchase. I'll be in for $200.

I disconnected the pipes after the H and before the mufflers today. I lost quite a bit of low end but gained a bit at the top. I wouldn't do it for any performance gains UNLESS when you're racing and then open them at about 80 to see the gains. that's about the only reason I could see....*lightbulb*

I'm considering getting cut outs for my cobra.. I ran just an off road x the other day.. Disconnected the piece from my midpipe to catback (where it meets the muffler), and ran it for 2 days. Lost torque, but man, does it scare children, pets, old people, and imports. My cobra was so mean sounding after 3k rpms. Look out. I'm going to get it done by an exhaust shop.. I've heard it on 2valves before, and it wasn't anywhere near as *good* sounding than on my cobra or any 4v. to each his own I guess.. good luck

chevylover said:
I'd like to get a set just for cruising. Having them open until you get pulled over and then close'm and say what are you talking about officer that wasn't my car at 115db.
They'd probably help out on long runs with cars with a little more horsepower. After you run through 3rd just flip the switch and let it breath a little easier.

Let me know if we can get a group pruchase. I'll be in for $200.

Exactly what I'm considering them for. I might be cheap and just get the manual ones. Open it up for car meets/cruise ins/shows, but close it when I wanna race.