Embarassed: got beat by a civic tonite

calgarycobra

Aug 8, 2004
Fast little red sucker. ;) Not by much tho. Rolling start at 30k he *jumped* ahead, from a dead stop I had him until halfway thru second. I was surprised how fast it was. My 97 cobra is bone stock, down to the factory air silencer.

The car was clean for a ricer, no wing, no momo, no bling. Nice and subdued, and plenty of go-fast.

No matter, I will take my plenty-fast-for-me, has full load of options and stereo over rice-mobile anyday. Wait till I finish the 427 stroker for the 86 coupe. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

calgarycobra said:
Fast little red sucker. ;) Not by much tho. Rolling start at 30k he *jumped* ahead, from a dead stop I had him until halfway thru second. I was surprised how fast it was. My 97 cobra is bone stock, down to the factory air silencer.

The car was clean for a ricer, no wing, no momo, no bling. Nice and subdued, and plenty of go-fast.

No matter, I will take my plenty-fast-for-me, has full load of options and stereo over rice-mobile anyday. Wait till I finish the 427 stroker for the 86 coupe. :nice:

There are definately some quick ones around...surprised it was in sleeper mode.

84im said:
My Mustang 302 powered Miata has surprised a few people too. It doesn't look stock, but it doesn't look heavily modified either.
To view go to:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/673077

That's cool, have you ran it at Mission?
I bought a longblock off a guy from North Van who used to own a shop that did the monster Miata conversions back in the mid 90's. He had a customer order the motor with a set of fox-lake ported GT-40 heads, E303 cam, 1.7 rockers and a blueprinted shortblock. The customer's wife put a stop to it so he still had that motor sitting around when he shut down his shop so I bought it off him. It ran [email protected] on streets in my 3250lb stang so imagine what it could have done in a 2600lb Miata?

calgarycobra said:

MOD that Cobra up and go back out and find him...... and then smoke his ass...

I guess for a non riced up ricer it must have had some go fast goodies under the hood that were doing it good... just not stickers and Sam-squanch (TP Boys) size wings.. dubs.... and 8000 watt systems with 4 tv inside the car.. lol anyways...

like I said mod the cobra or go and get him with the 427 stroker 86 coupe..