Engine bay light?

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
I dont know if anyone has asked this before but I couldnt figure out the new search function on the site so I thought I would just post a thread.

The other night I was trying to aim my headlights and I was wondering if anyone has ever installed or put a light inside the engine bay? I just found it really annoying that I dont have one because it would help a lot when I was doing that. My buddies 1995 GT has one for petes sake and my newer Mustang GT doesnt have one?!:scratch:

If anyone has some info or tips on how to do this I would greatly appreciate it, also Im not too savy with electrical stuff but I am not afraid to try. I just dont want to do something that looks half assed and not dangerous...

Again thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

This could pretty easy actually. I will get some plans and part numbers for you tomorrow, but basically, you could wire it directly to your under-hood fuse box. From there, run the power to a simple push switch, like when your door closes and the light goes off. It would only come on when the hood was open. Most parts you will be able to get from your local radio shack.

If I wasnt on my way to bed, I would do it now......