Engine build

Okay so heres my delima, my car is almost paid off and im getting a second job for some more income not to mention i keep getting rasies every six months it seems like, and i want to start building a new engine and drop it in my car in about a year or so. i want to start with a junk yard block and clean it and have it honned for a 347 stroker, my question is where do i get the stroker kit and should i get the whole kit or buy everything seperatly? and what h/c/i combo? i really like the Trick flow, but it doesnt really matter i just want to have some good hp tq.

Almost forgot, what tools might i want to invest in? I know enough to get myself in trouble, i did an engine tear down and rebuild in high school back in 2000.

Thanks for any help
Tony :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

You can either buy a kit or you can piece together your own kit... I am a big fan of piecing together stuff... (that way you don't have to save up as long). Sometimes you will find good prices for kits so i say go that way if cheap enough. Look on ebay... Always great deals on ebay.

If you do piece it together i suggest whatever brand of crank you get to get the same brand of rods. Also make sure you get the same journal sizes to match up with everything. Pistons is another big issue.. I suggest either 10:1 or 8.5:1 depending on if you have thoughts of boosting it...

As far as heads cam intake i would say AFR 185's, FTI cam, and either an rpm intake or holley.

Or go with tfs track heat intake and heads and FTI cam...

Those two combos are known to work... Or you could try something new...