Engine cleaning question...

• Sponsors (?)

If your cleaning your 93, take off your dis modual, your coilpacks, and your alternator while your at it(ive blown one that way and the couple mins it takes to pull it off on a 2.3 is worth it). Ive always just used degreaser and couple brushes and a hose (scared of pressure washers heard to many horor stories). then took a blow nossle for an air compresser and blow the crap out of every thing. Has always worked out good that way for me:)

on the 91-93s your fine just covering those componets. Drops of water wont really hurt them. Its usually the armor all and similar products that damage the ignition system componets.

Wow cant believe this thread is still alive.

89Stang said:
Castrol Super Clean works fine.
Before
P4080605.sized.jpg

After
P5080652.sized.jpg

This was no scrubbing a garden hose and super clean. But yeah I should of scrubbed the intake down. I did use armor all which is fine as long as you dont get it on your alternator. luckily on a mustang its a lot easier to cover than on an avenger.

fyi been detailing for almost 8 years straight now.

WOW that airbox was mighty dirty, woulda never guess it was a CAI under all that dirt :p

mr_woodster said:
WOW that airbox was mighty dirty, woulda never guess it was a CAI under all that dirt :p
hahaha smartass. I felt like adding a 20 dollar filter and a 2 dollar piece of 3 inch piping. Worked great!!! lol But I sold that car a while back for the SHO I have now which I am again selling lol