Engine Coolant

Endo1

Sep 7, 2015
I seem to be building pressure in the system, temp dose not show hot but can here bubbling almost like boiling in the res tank after a drive, tank will be all the way full and upper hose and tank just seem to hot to the touch. Once cooled the coolant is back to normal range, have no leaks at all ,could I have a bad thermostat ? Need to add that this is on a 2006 V6 coupe, Auto .

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

It sounds like the system has gas bubbles. As in you need to rule out a leaking head gasket Before coolant goes into the combustion chamber.
Thanks for answering back on this, I did a test using a block tester and all is good , I took my heater hose loose to try and bleed the system and seems to have worked, could not find a bleeder any where , going to take it for a drive today, just running it in the garage all seems to be fine now.

If the cap is not the highest point in the system, there should be a factory way to bleed air from the system. OEM's sometimes forget that part. But if squeezing the hose works for you, please close the door first.:ack:
Here are some of the solutions just at Summit. I do not know what coupe you have, and if it is not a 'Stang, if burping does it. If trapped air is a consistant problem, I would look into a solid, metal insert for the highest point, then tap a hole in it for an air bleeder valve. I have seen pre-made ones somewhere, but you can make one.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Part-Type/Cooling-System-Air-Bleed-Valves

Last edited: