SN95 Engine Guys Help?

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by ry94stang50, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ry94stang50

ry94stang50 Member

Ok so I'm going to be starting my engine soon. I'm not sure on a path to getting it rebuilt. I know what I want and what I "want" to do. But I'm not sure if I should attempt it or not.
    Basically, I want to rebuild my engine from top to bottom. And I'm wondering if I should have my block taken care of by someone like rick or somebody that will work with what I want. From the shortblock I want to pretty much build the rest. I've never done anything to this extent but I really want to do it.
    Can any of you guys give me some tips on what I should watch for when I'm installing the top end and such? What kind of special tools am I going to need. Pretty much anything you guys can offer. Even if its telling me not to even try this. Think I can pull it off?

2. ry94stang50

ry94stang50 Member

Also should I try installing the engine myselfor have somebody do it after its built?If I do install myself can I tune it to run good in my garage or is that something a shop should do? I will admit if I did pull this off first start up would be teterrifying lol

3. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Are you doing a stick rebuild, or are you doing some mods?

Kurt

4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    if its just a basic engine swap with no major mods, you wont need a tune, just set your fuel pressure and timing

5. ry94stang50

ry94stang50 Member

Just getting better top end components. An hci swap

6. Grabbin' Asphalt

Grabbin' Asphalt Mustang Master

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Good trq wrench, engine stand, cherry picker, chiltons manual. The manual would list the specific tools in every section and give you an idea of whats needed:nice:

....you said rebuild top to bottom(cherry picker - engine stand if you're pulling motor)

7. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Certain HCI combos work with the stock computer, but most don't. I recommend budgeting in a chip. They aren't expensive, and if done properly you shouldn't have to do any real tuning after startup.

Kurt