Engine Miss

• Sponsors (?)

Check the plug wells for water. Its 99% likely to be the cause. Clean and condition the COP boots with 303 Aerospace Protectant or silicone spray to make them seal properly. Use a shop vac or a air compressor wand to dry out the wells.

Pulled all the COPs and dried all connections with electrical cleaner/dryer. Cleaned other connections too. Did the drivers side first. Very little help. Did the passenger side and much better. Still some miss at a low rpm (1500) in third or fourth gear and trying to accelerate. No SEL though.

Should I see how it does tomorrow and clean them again? I

I guess I could have changed the plugs while I was there but I changed them last week. Figures.

Check the plug wells for water. Its 99% likely to be the cause. Clean and condition the COP boots with 303 Aerospace Protectant or silicone spray to make them seal properly. Use a shop vac or a air compressor wand to dry out the wells.

I agree

Pulled all the COPs and dried all connections with electrical cleaner/dryer. Cleaned other connections too. Did the drivers side first. Very little help. Did the passenger side and much better. Still some miss at a low rpm (1500) in third or fourth gear and trying to accelerate. No SEL though.

Should I see how it does tomorrow and clean them again? I

I guess I could have changed the plugs while I was there but I changed them last week. Figures.

Did you get all the water out of the plug wells? it's not just the electrical connections and the insides of the coil boots you need to use compressed air and blow out the plug wells.

Did you get all the water out of the plug wells? it's not just the electrical connections and the insides of the coil boots you need to use compressed air and blow out the plug wells.[/QUOTE]

I pulled each COP and used by wet vac to blow out the wells and suction also. I drove it for a little while and then let it sit last night. It was much better this morning although I did not try to accelerate hard from low RPM in fourth. I will see how it does on the way home. If it still stutters I will pull them again and repeat.

Thanks everyone.