Engine out, What color to paint engine bay on a yellow car...

• Sponsors (?)

Ok latest update is everything is taped off that i could get at, just need to remove the brake booster and master cylinder.

I cant go any further until my friend comes over the help me do the rest. I hope to have the old engine out tonight.

He's bringing the picker stand and my personal favorite.. sand blaster :)

Still not sure what to do the engine colors... im now thinking of a white or blue bay with yellow/blue engine... if i do the bay blue, ill match the blue later on and put some stripes on the car.

i swear im like a girl picking out new curtains... but im only going to be doing this once, feed back welcome

Have fun with the brake booster. You have to unbolt it from inside the car. I was unable to remove the booster without removing the pedal assembly; hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

Have fun with the brake booster. You have to unbolt it from inside the car. I was unable to remove the booster without removing the pedal assembly; hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

This def was harder, i used a 1/4 in rachet 9 in extension, there are holes at the top of the brake assemble to slide the rachet through... i was able to get the 4 bolts of with out touching the brake assembley, there are com other plugs and ties that need to be disconnected for the brake booster to pull out... and anyone reading this dont worry about pulling extra hard and bending the studs on the back of the booster, they are fine and need to get bent for it to slide out.

This def was harder, i used a 1/4 in rachet 9 in extension, there are holes at the top of the brake assemble to slide the rachet through... i was able to get the 4 bolts of with out touching the brake assembley, there are com other plugs and ties that need to be disconnected for the brake booster to pull out... and anyone reading this dont worry about pulling extra hard and bending the studs on the back of the booster, they are fine and need to get bent for it to slide out.

No need to bend 'em if you remove the pedal assembly. After removing the four bolts for the brake booster, you had only one bolt left to remove the pedal assembly. You probably could have shifted the assembly a bit to clear the bolts, or you could have disconnected the whole assembly.

You got the job done, that's all that really matters. :nice:

ALL NEW PICS WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=28930&id=751374141

Engine is out along with the rest of the engine bay crap, today with be sand blasting and cleaning the bay out... then ill start dremeling out the old metal, and start the bondo party :)

My damn long tubes are on back order MAC 1 3/4 long tubes... but i got the mid pipe, prochamer today.

Still waiting on the engine to get out of the explorer at the junkyard.

I NEED HELP FINDING PAINT! I need to order this stuff online or go somewhere to have the paint made for me... I want candy apple blue, mettalic silver, Ford BZ yellow, and Clear coat. The blue and silver will have to be good for 500 deg as well.

If you know any chain store or online place please let me know. THX!@!!:SNSign:

to see the pics you need a facebook account, alot of the younger guys will have it, i just dont have time to recrop all the pics the be stang net ready... reather spend the time working on the car.

I painted mine yellow when I painted my car yellow.

DSC04563.jpg

DSC04562.jpg

View attachment 314411

how about paint it red and get sponsored by Heinz and get free ketchup and mustard

paint it the same color as the car or semi gloss black. Spary paint through a gun..aerosol will not last long or look as good...

after battling with the sand blaster and getting no where, i decided to go the chemical route and use some lacquer thinner... besides burning my self every 5 min its taking the paint off. the more you apply the faster it comes off... just did the first round and took about half the paint off... need to let it dry after washing it off the bay. ill prob sand off all the little spots and then get back to applying the thinner again... don't think ill have it prepped by the end of today...

after battling with the sand blaster and getting no where, i decided to go the chemical route and use some lacquer thinner... besides burning my self every 5 min its taking the paint off. the more you apply the faster it comes off... just did the first round and took about half the paint off... need to let it dry after washing it off the bay. ill prob sand off all the little spots and then get back to applying the thinner again... don't think ill have it prepped by the end of today...

You dont need to remove the old paint...you can paint right over it as long as it is prepped the right way..

Check out my Project Day #4....there are some details on there.

RC