• Coyote

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Termi

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • OTHER

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

This is a loaded question. There are infinite variables. The intended use of the car being the biggest. What are your goals? How do you plan on driving it? What's your budget? All motor power or supercharged power (with the Termi)?

Right now i would probably opt for a stroked 351W because parts are a dime a dozen, the block is strong, and you can build a ton of easy power. Of course, you could also do a Termi and pulley it up and make similar power. The Coyote wins if you plan on DD'ing the car, since you should easily knock down 25+mpg with that engine in a Fox.

I voted stroked 351W because my car isn't a DD, it's a toy so the most cheap and easy power is what i'm after.

IMHO, THE Fox swap engine is the roller-block stroked 351. That was FoMoCo's last golden egg for us Fox guys. The stroked 351 represents everything is Fox is, fits like it was meant to be there, and if you can't get a 408 Fox to run 10s, you're doing something wrong.

That said, there are other good candidates, too, obviously. Mod motors are neat, but it's like seeing modern disc brakes on a trad-rod. Sure, it works great, but it just isn't "right".

That's just my opinion.

If I were looking to go as fast as possible in a straight line...then it would be a stroked 351W as suggested above.

But if money wasn't an issue and I wanted an ultimate driver....I'd go with the 5.0L Coyote.

400hp+, great torque, 30mpg, clean emmisions and 7,000RPM redline. Winner, winner chicken dinner! :nice:

The 4V Blown Cobra engine would have gotten the nod before the Coyote hit the circut, but it just can't compare now.

Personally if i had an unlimited budget, i would build a 460ci Man-o-war small block. Nothing beats big block power in a small block package.

If I were looking to go as fast as possible in a straight line...then it would be a stroked 351W as suggested above.

But if money wasn't an issue and I wanted an ultimate driver....I'd go with the 5.0L Coyote.

400hp+, great torque, 30mpg, clean emmisions and 7,000RPM redline. Winner, winner chicken dinner! :nice:

The 4V Blown Cobra engine would have gotten the nod before the Coyote hit the circut, but it just can't compare now.

OK, if we're talking unlimited budget, I would build the biggest aftermarket block BBF stroker money could buy. 500++ CI, Biggest heads you can possibly do, huge-port custom sheet metal intake, 10:1 CR and a custom HR cam that idles at 700 RPM and has no problem cruising at 1500 and even lower. Then I'd throw a sequential stand-alone EFI system on it and have fun seeing how good I can get my gas mileage.

It may never get the gas mileage a Coyote would, but you're talking daily driver street manners with 600+ ft-lb torque, no power adders needed. I would be happy with 15mpg, but it would be cool to see if you could do even better. Do it right, and the damn thing would run bottom 10s, if not even 9s. It would be senseless.

No seriously though, if i had no limit, i would do one of two engine builds..i would either put a real Jack Roush stock car engine in my coupe, or i'd have a 7.0L 427 big block built to '66 MkII GT40 specs. My first choice would be to put a 427 Cammer in my coupe, but i don't think it would fit.

Personally my fav engine of them is the 351 aswell. Just wanting to see how the fads were changing, but i8t seems we are sticking to the rue old fox swap :D now my grandfathers mercury 428 in his backyard wouldnt be bad either...

Aluminum 351 Dart block to a big bore 427. AFR 225 heads, custom cam and one of those Edelbrock EFI intakes that looks like an old carbed intake. Oh yeah, with a magnum T56 behind it. This will be my combo if I can ever come up with an extra $15,000! :)

OK, if we're talking unlimited budget, I would build the biggest aftermarket block BBF stroker money could buy. 500++ CI, Biggest heads you can possibly do, huge-port custom sheet metal intake, 10:1 CR and a custom HR cam that idles at 700 RPM and has no problem cruising at 1500 and even lower. Then I'd throw a sequential stand-alone EFI system on it and have fun seeing how good I can get my gas mileage.

It may never get the gas mileage a Coyote would, but you're talking daily driver street manners with 600+ ft-lb torque, no power adders needed. I would be happy with 15mpg, but it would be cool to see if you could do even better. Do it right, and the damn thing would run bottom 10s, if not even 9s. It would be senseless.

I like the idea of copious amount of big block power and torque, but the price is high. Don't count on a smooth 700RPM idle, or seeing more than single digit fuel mileage out of anything with 500+ cid capable of 600hp.

I choose the 5.0L Coyote for several reasons. Yeah, 412hp is kinda small potatoes compared to any poked 351W or Big Block offerings, but it's more than enough jam to send a Fox body into the 11's with little more than suspension and traction work. From there, a plethora of bolt on's will get you into the 10's and a little nitrous will get you deep 10's. All while still retaining stock like street manners and fuel economy.

Let's not also forget...the 5.0L Coyote is by far the lightest of the V8 engine suggestions made yet. Hell, it's a lighter engine than the 302 OHV it replaces. That'd make for a pretty decent corner carver and very nimble daily driver.

I dunno....I guess I'm just not like the majority. I think of the "ultimate" car as something more than just capable of going fast in a straight line. The 5.0L Coyote is truly a do it all engine. Maybe not the hard hitter in the power dept like the strokers and BB's described, but I'd rather do everything really well, than dominate one field and fail miserably everywhere else? :shrug:

I just want an engine that makes enough power to scare me. If WOT makes me crap my pants, i'll be happy. Find out how much HP it takes to give me a heart attack, and back it off just a little.