Engine Pro's.....Help needed with rocker arm setup!!

orangecapri

Dec 16, 2002
Alden, KS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem is lifter/valvetrain noise. I just got done putting new trickflow valve springs on my gt40p heads. Installed height of 1.8" and had a valve job done on them. I got everything back together and the lifters made noise. Took it apart and found 2 collapsed lifters so I bought a new set of ford racing lifters and put everything back together again. Found zero lash and torqued the rockers to 23 ft. lbs. and it still makes noise. Only thing that should have changed was the spring height maybe from the last setup and it didnt make any noise that I knew of before so im stumped. Ive went through it 3 times and the same thing over and over. Weird thing is i take the valve cover off after I know it makes noise and the the rockers are loose like they were never torqued. I just ordered shims from ford and they'll be here Wednesday, but I dont think that is the problem as they were all in spec and going by the book it wouldnt need shims the way they torqued. All within 1/4-3/4 turn to get to the 23 ft. lbs. So what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

well if the installed height is taller than factory than you will need longer pushrods and shims...if im not mistaken. i cant remember the installed height of factory springs. or if they are shorter you will need to get shims for the springs to raise the installed height.