Engine Rebuild Complete

budro

Apr 5, 2013
I pulled the original engine (274,000 miles) out of my 68 mustang convertible over a month ago and took it to Fonse Performance in Erial NJ for a full rebuild. I get the engine back tomorrow and im starting the install right away. I was told that the engine could make upwards of 300 horses after the rebuild. So I would like to get some knowledge regarding the subject if anyone feels like schooling me. Should I just get another autolite 2100 and which choke should I get? The last carb's choke was just a black circle on the side of the carb. I was told that the electric choke replacements are the way to go.

• Sponsors (?)

I too did a similar job and was considering changing to a Holley carb. However, doing creates additional mods with the choke & linkages which I didn't have time for! Therefore , it's easier to just go with the original auto lite set up. Fully agree, An Auto choke is the way to go!!

If you want to improve performance, you still have the option to increase fuel flow & re-jet the auto lite .

Jake