Engine Restorer?

ECU, it is said to be best to pull it, but someone did a thread about how he did his easily without yanking it. i would take some perspective (mine.LOL). if it has almost 200K on it, at some point in the not too distant future, chances are something will need to be done to the motor. were it me, unless the leaks are horrible, i would leave them alone. hate to do all that work, and then not long afterwards, pull it all to do some engine freshening. just my thinking.
good advice on the fixin of leaks. if it leaks, manually fix it. no snake oils.

if a cars 5.0 got over 200,000 miles but still running fast, would just a ring bearings and gaskets work! response , ideas ect any one??????

• Sponsors (?)

if a cars 5.0 got over 200,000 miles but still running fast, would just a ring bearings and gaskets work! response , ideas ect any one??????

Yes but beware you might end up with a completely redone up motor at the end. :D I just wanted a "stock rebuild".....ended up with everything redone, all new everything, cam, heads, intake, injectors....If not then AT LEAST do all new bearings, rings, seals, hone the cylinders, oil pump, timing chain, valve job and obviously gaskets.

this thread has been brought back from the dead quite a few times already

n about the guy (even tho that was his only post) that says cross hatching should go away after break-in, I guess the 500,000+ mile diesel motor I just took apart has something wrong with it since you can still see the original cross-hatch in the sleeves? :shrug:

i thought i bring this back again! i had a 2000 dodge ram showing low compression in cylinder 8 with a check engine light on because of a cylinder 8 misfire. i changed the oil and put some restore in and the light went off and the car didnt stumble at idle anymore