Engine running like ****.......

I have a 2000 GT with only 45K miles on it........ all of a sudden I starts working like ****...... it never gave me a sighen that this would happen but it wont full It can't rev past 4K RMP even if I floor it and everytime I go pass 2K rmp it start shaking back and forth and it wont pull hard at all........ it pulls like **** and soudn like it under some heavy load but with a weard sound not like before when it was at low RPM and high gear...... please help

• Sponsors (?)

GreyGoose said:
I have a 2000 GT with only 45K miles on it........ all of a sudden I starts working like ****...... it never gave me a sighen that this would happen but it wont full It can't rev past 4K RMP even if I floor it and everytime I go pass 2K rmp it start shaking back and forth and it wont pull hard at all........ it pulls like **** and soudn like it under some heavy load but with a weard sound not like before when it was at low RPM and high gear...... please help

What kind of noise? You might have thrown or bent a rod.. It could be alot of things

It's revs slowly to about 3.5K RPM and it won't rev higher........ it gets there really slowly and the RPM niddle looks like it's going up and down at times.... the Engine seems like it has difficulty running but no trouble starting at all... I can't keep driving at more then 2K rpm of the check engine starts flashing..... Check engine is on but I just wanna make sure I know what im dealing with before I get ripped off at the shop

I'm starting to believe it's timing but Im not sure about it......... Can traction control mass around with it and might have left it retarded a little cause I know I hit tracktiong control and it kind of sound the same sometimes when I go in a trun and im on a low gear and the traction kicks in and holds the engine back... it kind of sound the same

The same thing happened to me after I washed my engine bay. Sounded EXACTLY like the traction control was stuck in the ON position. The first 3000-3500 RPM felt normal and pulled hard, but when I hit the 3500-4000 RPM mark, it would stop pulling completely. I was told that I got water in some of my coil packs and because of that, 1-2 of the cylinders were miss-firing. After about a week it fixed itself due to the water evaporating. I bet you might need to replace one of the coilpacks. They run about $200 from Ford or about $80 used from ebay. I am not saying that this is exactly what your problem is, but it could be a possibility.

also, check your spark plugs, 1 might be a little bit loose. that can cause it to run like it is as you described.

but it would be more helpful to get the code(s) scanned and post them. we'll help ya out :D

GreyGoose said:
If this helps you guys halp me then here is what I have done to my car.......... well It's mostly stock exept for the CnL Plenum, 75MM TB, CnL inletpipe, CnL MAF....

How recently did you change the plenum.TB/MAF? I'm having a similar problem with my 02. Even after switching back to stock and reseting the computer it runs fine for 1-2 weeks (500-1000 miles) and then starts acting just like you describe. Last time mine did it I reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for an hour so it would have to relearn it's calibtration. It has been fine since although I haven't gotten up to 2 weeks or 1000 miles again yet. Next time it happens it's off to the dealer so they can figure it out.