Engine seems weaker...

m0squ1t0

Feb 3, 2011
Okay so a while back I had to replace the intake manifold on my 2001 GT Vert. during this process I had to go to work etc so I had a friend of mine help me with it while I was working. Well Ive noticed lately that the car isnt as powerful as it was before I had the mani swapped.. I'm trying to figure out what it could be... During the process we got coolant in the cylinder but sucked it out, I also remember moisture in the spark plug wells and we sucked out as well. When I was at work he put on the COP, I requsted he make sure there was no moisture and use dielectric grease, but he didnt. I also remember that the car stumbled at idle when be cranked it so he adjusted the screw and made it idle. I can drive down the road and push on the gas the the rpms will go up then down and then a moment later i can push on it and it wont move and it sound like an exhaust leak or something, i say this b/c i cant hear it coming out of my rear exhaust as much just like a phhhh from front to mid area. I also have a K&N air filter that the previous owner put in..just the drop in kind...If any more info is needed let me know, I need to figure out what this problem is. Once the issue is resolved, whoever gave me the solution will receive a $50 thank you via paypal. But please dont spam this thread with random ideas of what it could be. Thanks guys!

The cop looks to have a spot where the plastic has broken off..I'll post a pic when I get to work in a bit.

• Sponsors (?)

First question is why did the COP bolt break? Usually only happens is when it is torqued too tight which may have cracked the intake or the spark plug blew out of the head.

Check there first. When I've had a plug blow out it was a exact match to a exhaust leak.