Engine steamed cleaned and detailed (with pictures)

• Sponsors (?)

I have to get one of my car savvy buddies to decipher your post :D there's lots of technical stuff in there I don't know much about!

It's actually much easier than it reads but, if you feel uncomfortable doing it, a mechanic should be able to install it, with parts in hand, in under 15 minutes.

You're the only person in here who is making me spend money! I love that clear coolant hose and the power steering pipe! I'm a fan of Canton in general (since I have their coolant tank), but I think the Moroso one looks better :D

LOL!! Sorry!
f-hihi.gif

I agree that the Moroso tank looks better. It also sits a little higher in the bay whereas the Canton mount point on the back is almost flush with the top of the tank which makes it sit lower in the bay so you can't really see it unless you're right over the bay. Plus the cap looks like CRAP!:notnice: Not so good for the bling factor! LOL! The only thing I don't like about the Moroso tank is that the hose barbs are to the side and not underneath which means you'll have to relocate the hoses. No big deal but they should have mounted the barbs like Canton did, which is the stock location, so that you don't have to fiddle with the hoses to make them fit.

too many clothes and cars (best of both worlds of a guy and girl)... hahaha! :D

Good thing you and I don't know each other personally! :eek::rlaugh:

I'm in the clothing business! I deal in high end womens clothing like Frankie B, 7 for all mankind, True Religion, Citizens of Humanity, Rock and Republic, Ed Hardy, Christian Audigier, etc.

I have a mens line that I'm doing right now. Check it out. Tell me what you think.

Sovereign-T - Welcome To Sovereign-T

(I'm getting some load errors for the site.:rolleyes:I've contacted the webmaster. Hopefully he'll have it fixed by the time you check it out!)

John

Engine came out really nice! :nice: Love a nice clean V-8 :drool:
i LIKE THAT mrt AIR BOX AND IF i WASNT GOING FOR THE BRUSHED LOOK i WOULD GET ONE TOO. (damn caps!)
I need one of thoes fancy expansion tanks now :D

Engine came out really nice! :nice: Love a nice clean V-8 :drool:
i LIKE THAT mrt AIR BOX AND IF i WASNT GOING FOR THE BRUSHED LOOK i WOULD GET ONE TOO. (damn caps!)
I need one of thoes fancy expansion tanks now :D

Thanks! :D what's a "brushed" look?

where can i aquire one of those MRT carbon fiber intake kits???????

Ive looked everywhere online and cant seem to find them

I'll try and find it for you and post the link :)

Yep. Thats what brushed is. Since I have the Steeda CAI and the brushed heat exchanger expansion tank and the brushed battery box I want the brushed rad expansion tank too :nice:
IDK they made them for the power steering res so I guess thats something else to get :rlaugh:

But here is a brushed version :nice:
PICT0001-15.jpg

Attachments

• PICT0001-15.jpg
    PICT0001-15.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 77
Hahaha! Funny how you used my engine bay as the example!

Here's a better shot of the PS reservoir:

Driverssideview.jpg

Passengersideview.jpg

John

Attachments

• Driverssideview.jpg
    Driverssideview.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Passengersideview.jpg
    Passengersideview.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 74
Yep. Thats what brushed is. Since I have the Steeda CAI and the brushed heat exchanger expansion tank and the brushed battery box I want the brushed rad expansion tank too :nice:
IDK they made them for the power steering res so I guess thats something else to get :rlaugh:

But here is a brushed version :nice:
PICT0001-15.jpg

Hahaha! Funny how you used my engine bay as the example!

Here's a better shot of the PS reservoir:

Driverssideview.jpg

Passengersideview.jpg

John

I'm a "bling bling" person, though I have to say that brushed finish looks pretty good! I didn't expect it to come out nice to be honest :p

I also wished I got the Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower Brace over the FRPP. :D

Attachments

• PICT0001-15.jpg
    PICT0001-15.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Driverssideview.jpg
    Driverssideview.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Passengersideview.jpg
    Passengersideview.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 79
Question for you... I was looking at your sig, and how did you get the Wilwood kit on your rear? Is it the 4 piston kit? I thought they wouldn't fit on our cars :shrug:

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds209.pdf

One thing that kind of sucks about the MM strut tower brace is that the fuse box is right under the bar so opening would mean having to take the bar off. That is one of my future projects taking off the bar and moving the box forward an inch or two so that the lid clears and can be opened. I'll probably do this when I relocate the battery to the passenger side rear seat.

John

seraphitia, that intake set up you have is pretty sweet, can you p.m. some info on where you picked it up from?

I am still trying to look for who sells them. I bought my kit from the company who does work on my Mustang.

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds209.pdf

One thing that kind of sucks about the MM strut tower brace is that the fuse box is right under the bar so opening would mean having to take the bar off. That is one of my future projects taking off the bar and moving the box forward an inch or two so that the lid clears and can be opened. I'll probably do this when I relocate the battery to the passenger side rear seat.

John

I have the same problem with the FRPP strut tower brace. It doesn't allow me to open the fuse box past half way.

I saw the PDF you listed, but it doesn't say what year Mustang it was made for (I do know our Mustangs are 8.8 5 lug, etc). I heard that these Wilwood kits only fit 94-98's? Were they a direct bolt-on for your car?

I have the same problem with the FRPP strut tower brace. It doesn't allow me to open the fuse box past half way.

Kinda blows doesn't it? I wish they would have warned you in the instructions that you'll need to relocate your fuse box if you want access to it. For me, it's not a big deal. Basically a saturday of unbolting the bar and relocating the box forward an inch or so. I'm just going to find longer bolts and space them out so that I have access to the box.

I saw the PDF you listed, but it doesn't say what year Mustang it was made for (I do know our Mustangs are 8.8 5 lug, etc). I heard that these Wilwood kits only fit 94-98's? Were they a direct bolt-on for your car?

As long as you run an 8.8/Stock 5 lug hub you'll be fine. They bolted right up.

John