Engine Stutter

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't feel vac going TO the EGR unless you are at crusing speed....if I am not mistaken. Did you remove the vac line to the EGR and try driving it like that?

The loss of power it at all RPMs. The car will still get up to 40-50MPH in 1st gear however it isnt sharp. It hasitates. I have not tested anything with the fuel system however it does run rich based on how the plugs look. Gas milage sucks too but I kinda expect that (14-16 MPG I think).

I changed the oil and oil filter yesterday. Everything looked good. I also added a bottle of fuel injector cleaner to the gas tank in the hope of a miracle (fuel filter, injectors, etc...). I have put about 20 miles on the car since it was added.

I am going to go cap the EGR and the vac line just to check it right now.

I just intalled a new EGR sensor and hooked up the EGR spacer coolent hoses correctly. They were bypassed from the EGR Spacer before.

Now the car idles anywhere from 1300 to 1500 RPM. If i rev to like 3000RPM it moves down slow back to either 1300 or 1500. Changing either the sensor or hooking the coolent lines up did something however the car still doesnt have the power it did when I when it "fixed itself" for that short period.

I went ahead and got the EGR while i was at the auto parts however it wont be in untill tomorrow.

Let me know if I am waisting my time/money installing a new EGR at this point.

Update* I just cleared the codes and checked them again. I now get 94, 44, 34, and 13 when the car is started. Code 13 - RPM out of spec (normal idle). WTF is goingon?

I just intalled a new EGR sensor and hooked up the EGR spacer coolent hoses correctly. They were bypassed from the EGR Spacer before.

Now the car idles anywhere from 1300 to 1500 RPM. If i rev to like 3000RPM it moves down slow back to either 1300 or 1500. Changing either the sensor or hooking the coolent lines up did something however the car still doesnt have the power it did when I when it "fixed itself" for that short period.

I went ahead and got the EGR while i was at the auto parts however it wont be in untill tomorrow.

Let me know if I am waisting my time/money installing a new EGR at this point.

Update* I just cleared the codes and checked them again. I now get 94, 44, 34, and 13 when the car is started. Code 13 - RPM out of spec (normal idle). WTF is goingon?

Sounds like to me that there maybe a vacuum leak somewhere

can anyone verify whether or not there should be vacuum at idle on the vac line going into the EGR valve? I told him i had vacuum, but then someone said there shouldn't be?.... just curious. i've been trying to source my problems also.....

Jrichker said on another post for code 33 EGR issues something about no vacuum at idle. I will try to locate that post and provide a link. I found it searching codes ("Code 34" or "Code 94").

At this point I am ready to say to hell with this and take it a ford machanic. I cant keep spending hours and money with no results. I want this fixed so bad i can ****in taste it!!! Money is the only thing stoping me.

UPDATE!: I just noticed that I have spark on my plugs while they are out and are NOT grounded to the engine. Correct me if im wrong but I shouldent be getting fire from the plugs if they are not grounded.

I hope the answer is "No you should not be getting fire without having your plugs grounded to the engine" because i would at least know wtf is wrong with this POS. :SNSign: