Engine swap out pics! 90 LX 5.0

Igofaster13

Mar 9, 2006
San Diego
This is my friends 90 lx 5.0, we are currently swaping 5.0's because of a blown headgasket or somthing on his original 5.0. We freshened up a few gaskets etc., & few new parts mixed in on the new engine. We have the new engine in, but need to attach all the bolts and what not.

More Pics to come!!!

DSCN2079-1.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/Igofaster13/DSCN2080.jpg

View attachment 395508

Attachments

• DSCN2079-1.jpg
    DSCN2079-1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Sponsors (?)

you replaced the whole engine over a blown headgasket?? or was their something else?

would have been easier to just replace the headgasket i would think.

Well, My thought on that is the old motor had 200,000 ++ Miles on it, everything was worn out and tierd. And we can now sell all the old parts on ebay and make a good chunk of money back. This new engine has 100,000 miles and is much much cleaner and well mantained. And who knows if the block was cracked on the old engine.................... to much for an old engine.

And he just got a complete 88 T-5 for $150 today, so that will be going in soon, he just needs a clutch set-up, flywheel, and driveshaft etc.

Anybody need a 5.0 engine? or any engine parts? Let me know!

i'd keep the old engine, just tear it down and start a slow build, get a stroker kit and go harcore N/A or build a nice turbo engine or something. once the new engine u just installed wears out rip it out and throw the big mean engine in.

i'd keep the old engine, just tear it down and start a slow build, get a stroker kit and go harcore N/A or build a nice turbo engine or something. once the new engine u just installed wears out rip it out and throw the big mean engine in.

Sounds fun. But this engine looks like ****zit. I kinda need it out of my house too. We will see...................... Maybe a engine build up coming soon to a thread near you.