Engine Swaps

Discussion in '1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by 03WhiteV6, Jan 23, 2004.

1. 03WhiteV6

03WhiteV6 New Member

i think getting a dif engine would be a cheaper route than modding the v6..any suggestions on what engine to use? i just wanna get ideas of what i would have to spend to get around the cobra's 390hp or above....and if i got the new engine what else would i have to replace besides getting a better suspension? links would be helpful too! thanks

2. dastang2

dastang2 Active Member

i wanna get a 351 for my 95 5 spd. you would have to get a stronger tranny and different motor mounts and radiator

3. 03WhiteV6

03WhiteV6 New Member

yea mines a 5spd also and i was looking at some 351s too, pretty nice...so thats it just motor mounts, tranny and a radiator huh maybe better gears in the back and t-lok and a shifter if thats all.....hmmm maybe ill end up getting it sooner than planned

4. The Brahma Bull

Founding Member

Uh, your car is an 03 right? Would would you want to completly biod your cars warrenty already?

5. dastang2

dastang2 Active Member

you will also need the 351 flywheel and clutch and the computer,harness and fuel injection stuff. but i am going carbed to get away from all of that wiring mess. you may have more things to change like crossmember and driveshaft