Engine to Bell Housing Block Plate

bmo37

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2001
New Jersey
Has anyone run their car without a block plate in between the engine and bell housing? Pretty much tore the car down to redo the rear main seal and check to see what was causing excessive chatter on the clutch. Sure enough it wasn't the clutch itself rather my flywheel weight actually wore a hole on the block plate (which was causing the noise i was hearing). I have a replacement plate but am wary of putting it on because its a universal straight one (not stamped like the stocker with a weight recess built in) and don't want to have to tear it down again if it rubs. I'm pretty sure the reason it rubbed in the first plate was due to my own stupidity (I was one of the first people to purchase a tko-500 back in the day prior to them even manufacturing the 600 versions, during that time it came with this additional block plate which they called a spacer which i installed with the orignal block plate as well so I think this is what caused the wearing, having actually two block plates installed). Any advice would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)