Engine Tranny Rebuild Experience???

AnthonyR23

Sep 8, 2006
Ontario
Hi, I finally got a job and am able to afford a rebuild... I have always done what I can myself when it comes to my mustang. It a 88 gt convertible... and the engine is stock with t 5 .... anyways all I have done are things like alt., headers, throttle body... but nothing major to the engine or tranny... I would like to convert it to maf from speed density at the same time as rebuilding the engine.. so when I put the engine together I can installl the sensor's involved etc.. I have no problem with doing reading... while I do this project.. hopefully I can finish it by the spring.. or worst case by mid summer.. but I think now would be a good time to start... My questions is should I just have my heads machined or should I replace them... what cam? intake? and any advice on the stroker kits.. I would prefer a reasonable rebuild but don't want to regret not replacing something while I have it apart. I would love more power over stock... but also would like it to last... I would like to do everything I can in my garage... and any machining or things I can't do.. I will bring to a local machine shop.. Any advice ... I am going to be taking on the tranny rebuild too ... with my dad's help... Any advice on heads, cam, intake and advice on stroker kits.. would be great... with longevity in mind. I only drive this car occassionaly ... def. not as a daily driver! Have a toyota tercel for that!! Great on gas! lol... anyways any advice would be greatly appreciated.. I'm also interested in the tweecer rt ... I love do it yourself... and have no problem with learning!! Thanks

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)