Englishtown Raceway Park Tonight? 3/5/08

• Sponsors (?)

Idk where you've been but I've been going to Island for over 10 years with my dad, and racing for 3 years myself, and my dad has had nothing but problems there, and I always run faster at other tracks.

Then he must not know how to heat em. The 3 main people I hang out with run in the 9's & 10's. A 66 Nova (Tan) and blue 69 Chevelle run in the low 10's. And the other guy has an orange 69 Chevelle that runs in the 9's. And they don'y have any traction issue's. They run for points so they are there every single weekend.

Then he must not know how to heat em. The 3 main people I hang out with run in the 9's & 10's. A 66 Nova (Tan) and blue 69 Chevelle run in the low 10's. And the other guy has an orange 69 Chevelle that runs in the 9's. And they don'y have any traction issue's. They run for points so they are there every single weekend.

View attachment 327527

Haha he's been racing for over 15 years, he knows how to heat em. I guess when you run every weekend you can really dial in a track, but from our experience as well as a bunch of my dad's friends who race for points and have made the track team year after year, there have been some surface problems there. Its a low budget, family owned track, and they simply just don't use as much VHT and prep the track as well as E-town and Atco do. Atco and E-town are also both proven faster tracks than Island. If your car is set up perfectly and your running a tubbed car, sure your not gonna have any problems hooking...you could hook on ice. My dad used to race a 3600lb '66 Chevelle with a 502 in it on 10" slicks, and he would hook at E-town and hook at Atco, but Island always gave him problems. Then he got the Nova which is a dedicated race car and he has no problems hooking at Island because hes running 16" wide slicks. All I'm saying is Island is a slower track than Etown and Atco, and some times its a bit finicky.