Enjoyment..... but where?

SMOKEDYA

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jul 13, 2003
Tucson AZ
Here are a couple of pics of the stang. I know there is a thread on here but couldnt find it so here ya go:
new_front_end_2.jpg

new_tire_shot.jpg

nice_.jpg

smoken.jpg

Here's one of our meet from in april of ths year you can se my by the stop sign next to the red fox (wifesweetstang) :
stangs_2.jpg

peace

john :p

• Sponsors (?)

SeventyMach1 said:
JW.... what tire ya' running on the front? And size?

Looks great!
ummmmmmmm the fronts are 17x9 black bullets with 275/45/17 yok's AS100's and the rear are 17x10.5 bullets with 315/35/17 Goodyear GSD3's, the front's measure 11" sidewall to sidewall and the rear's are a little over 13" :nice: There are a few reason's i have mismatched tires. Already had the yoks and they were almost new and when i got the wheels i wanted the widest tire on the market on the rear so i went with the GSD3's, the rear alone were like $650.00. The ones on the rear are wider then any other 315's out there, my fronts are almost as wide a frinds nitto D/R's thet are 315's :shrug:. i Wanted 335's out back but they would roll on the 10.5 wheel, next time i might chance it tho. peace

Low-5.0 said:
Looks good! What kinda times did you run at the track?

$650 for 315/35/17 GSD3's? I paid $260 each for mine from discounttiredirect.com.
well my best time was a 13.9 at like 96? that was with all the basic bolt on's and a cam. but i usually run 14.0-14.1 all day with stock 8" wheels. on the day of the pic. i ran a best of 14.5 because of the fat ass meats out back, since then i've done heads and intake and a 100 wet shot, but blew the tranny for the 3rd time so i havent been back to the track since these mods. how's ohio damn i wanna come back! do you run at national trails? peace

Low-5.0 said:
Looks good! What kinda times did you run at the track?

$650 for 315/35/17 GSD3's? I paid $260 each for mine from discounttiredirect.com.
Mike i just went to your site for the stang nice man! Where in ohio do you live? Any work there for welder's? peace

Thanks man! I live just outside Marietta Ohio. I have no idea if there's any body looking for welders around here...

I was wondering how much these tire's would slow me down. My car takes off faster since I put the 315's on, but I noticed it seemed a little slower once I got going. It's fast all the time now tho! :banana:

I went up to Columbus for the NMRA event last year, but it was raining so I didn't go to track. I wanna go this year, but Im not sure if I trust my car going that far on the almost-dead T-5. I'll definitely be up there at least a couple times next year if I get the TKO 600 I want this winter.

Low-5.0 said:
Thanks man! I live just outside Marietta Ohio. I have no idea if there's any body looking for welders around here...

I was wondering how much these tire's would slow me down. My car takes off faster since I put the 315's on, but I noticed it seemed a little slower once I got going. It's fast all the time now tho! :banana:

I went up to Columbus for the NMRA event last year, but it was raining so I didn't go to track. I wanna go this year, but Im not sure if I trust my car going that far on the almost-dead T-5. I'll definitely be up there at least a couple times next year if I get the TKO 600 I want this winter.
Cool so i figured a lost of a 1/2 sec. with them. i lived in columbus/grove city ohio from birth to the age of 22. then i moved to memphis for 3 years and now i'm stuck in tweaker central :bang: (washington state) peace

I don't remember where I got mine now.... but my GSD3's were only $277 each. Same size you have, too. (Same wheels, too) I just wondered about the fronts....I need to step up to 275's. Do you have any problems with them (like turning)?

I love the look of your car!

SeventyMach1 said:
I don't remember where I got mine now.... but my GSD3's were only $277 each. Same size you have, too. (Same wheels, too) I just wondered about the fronts....I need to step up to 275's. Do you have any problems with them (like turning)?

I love the look of your car!
thanks for the complements on my stang i get that alot! i havent noticed any problem's in turning with them 275's up front and i even have it lowered! i live in washington state so price's are a slight higher here as well as everything else!peace