Enough power to kill yourself!!!

hexum311

Apr 26, 2004
FL
Woah!!! I just got back from a cruise in my GT. All I have to say is that unless you plan on drag racing this car, it has all the horsepower you will ever need! :hail2: I am not going to waste any more money on horse power mods when this thing is already crazy fast. 3rd gear over 4500 rpm, wooooooooooooooah, is way illegal before you know it! :nice: More than enough power to finish yourself off rather quickly! LOL

• Sponsors (?)

When I first got my Stang I felt the same way because my previous car wasn't all that fast, but now that I've had the Stang for awhile I've gotten used to it.

Enjoy it while you can, because the feeling will wear off and you will want to go even faster.

It's sort of like motorcycles. My first street bike was a 500..thought it was fine. Now my 750 feels like a moped...in short, I feel the need, the need for MORE speed.

streetstang03 said:
just wait till u run into an LS1, then u will see how stock GTs are not enough horsepower :rlaugh: give it some time.....u will begin to mod

HAHA, I have nothing to prove. I didn't get this car because it is the fastest thing out there. Like I said in a previous post, the next time someone tries to race you challenge them to a foot race, at least then the person actually has something to do with it. Other than that it's just how much more $$$ someone has and is willing to spend.

P.S. LS1's aren't the problem. Soccer moms in mini vans merging onto the freeway are. :nonono: And now that I have the GT they are a problem no more! :rlaugh:

Haha, just like everyone else I thought the same thing when I took my GT home. It was my first car and holy **** I thought it was fast as hell and could smoke anything on the road. Boy was I wrong, Ive only had my car a year and look at everything Ive done to it. Am I finished yet? HELL NO, I still want cams, LT's, a torque converter, and obviously some nice DR's.

i used to think my 2003 GT had a lot of power, then I got to drive a 2003 cobra and i realized, it's all relative..and now i've got a 2001 cobra and it's way faster than my old GT.

1990StangLX said:
i used to think my 2003 GT had a lot of power, then I got to drive a 2003 cobra and i realized, it's all relative..and now i've got a 2001 cobra and it's way faster than my old GT.

Well yes but do you actually use that power 90% of the time? I know I don't on my GT. I drive normal but step on it from time to time, but I'm not going to be able to use all the power this thing has unless I wanted to get into some trouble :nice: It just can't be done around town unless you want to drive like a maniac.

P.S. Don't get me wrong I would jump on a 2004 cobra in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!

hexum311 said:
LOL will do. I might just have my supercharger by then. :rlaugh:

Someone else said give him time. Was that enough time. By the end of the thread he is allready saying he wants a blower. Thats what I am talking about.

I wasn't that upset when I lost my first race to an LS1. I was more upset when the riced up civic beat me. That is when I decided I wanted more power.
(BTW, it was a very nice riced up civic. No hate on them. Only the ones with stickers and 8" tailpipes that do 18 seconds in the 1/4 mile. The same ones that think they can beat me.)
I still want more power. I don't think I will ever have enough.

Yea mine still feels fast to me but after riding into town in my 66, it feels alot slower LOL, but yea after like 4K the 4.6 really wakes up, then drops off a little after 5-5.5K.If you dont mind me asking hexum 311 how much was that gas cap and where did you get it, cuz I think I want one.Also will they fit under the billitt fuel door? Thinking about getting one of those too but my car is silver so I dont know good it will look, im sure not as good as it would on a black GT though.

hotmustang331 said:
Yea mine still feels fast to me but after riding into town in my 66, it feels alot slower LOL, but yea after like 4K the 4.6 really wakes up, then drops off a little after 5-5.5K.If you dont mind me asking hexum 311 how much was that gas cap and where did you get it, cuz I think I want one.Also will they fit under the billitt fuel door? Thinking about getting one of those too but my car is silver so I dont know good it will look, im sure not as good as it would on a black GT though.

My car is silver and the bullitt looks cool I think. I would take a digital pic but it would probably be a couple of days. The gas cap fits like a regular one. It is a Ford motorcraft replacement. You can get the cap at the dealership if you want to pay more ($50) and don't want to wait. I got it at http://www.go-parts.com for like $30. They are a little mom and pop site I think. They take credit cards through paypal. I would recommend them. The only problem I had was no response after my order for a couple of days. Then when I emailed them back about it they promptly replied and said that they had to order it from there supplier and had shipped it the previous day. I am still wondering if this is the case why didn't they email me and tell me this in the first place. I think maybe they just forgot to email me and made the supplier story up. Received it very quickly though. Anyway, sorry for rambling.