eopionion.com review - Can you believe this guy?

• Sponsors (?)

DBMSTNG said:
he's got a fart pipe on the Eclipse. it's mad phast now!

LOL! You know, I have to go ahead and admit it, I do (at this point in time) own an Integra GS-R, all stock except for the radio, speakers and tint, and in excellent condition. Being almost 10 years old, you'd expect to have to change those crappy speakers out eventually, :D. But my point is that I'm tired of having rice-clowns pull up beside of me at a light revving the "fart can" to death trying to get my attention and race them, I'm assuming. How many times can I say that I CAN'T WAIT to get my '05 Mustang GT? :nonono: :spot: (Just a few more weeks...)

ice1874193 said:
and I quote.....

"When I got back into my V6-powered Eclipse after the event was over, its [meaning the MUSTANG] acceleration didn't feel at all lacking. I guess that’s what 3400lbs of curb weight will do to a car."

How can you compare a GT to a v6 eclipse?

Check out the review at http://www.epinions.com/content_155370098308

My interpretation, after reading the article is as noted above. Meaning, compared to his v6, the mustang felt like a powerhouse. He's stating (as I read it) that the 3400 lbs of weight makes it feel slow when you're driving it...at least it did to him...but not in comparison to a lesser vehicle.

-J

ice1874193 said:
and I quote.....

"When I got back into my V6-powered Eclipse after the event was over, its acceleration didn't feel at all lacking. I guess that’s what 3400lbs of curb weight will do to a car."

How can you compare a GT to a v6 eclipse?

Check out the review at http://www.epinions.com/content_155370098308
if you read the article, it says radio buttons ingeniously located in spokes of steering wheel??

is this true? i haven't seen any pics yet of that, and i have sat in an 05 and didn't see any buttons other than cruise control.

are radio buttons also on the steering wheel??

I thought it was a pretty good article, just didn't get the quote. I took it as his v6 didn't feel slow compared to the mustang and that this is probably due to the weight of the stang

PalaceofStangs1 said:
LOL! You know, I have to go ahead and admit it, I do (at this point in time) own an Integra GS-R, all stock except for the radio, speakers and tint, and in excellent condition. Being almost 10 years old, you'd expect to have to change those crappy speakers out eventually, :D. But my point is that I'm tired of having rice-clowns pull up beside of me at a light revving the "fart can" to death trying to get my attention and race them, I'm assuming. How many times can I say that I CAN'T WAIT to get my '05 Mustang GT? :nonono: :spot: (Just a few more weeks...)
Congratulations. Welcome aboard. Can you hear the hoofbeats yet?

05 'Stang said:
if you read the article, it says radio buttons ingeniously located in spokes of steering wheel??

is this true? i haven't seen any pics yet of that, and i have sat in an 05 and didn't see any buttons other than cruise control.

are radio buttons also on the steering wheel??

No, they are for cruise control and not the radio.

Good review, I would say. Aside from the two errors, of course, about the buttons in the wheel and the year model of the original Mustang.

They finally got one here, and I sat in it and smoked it over (no time to drive yet). A silver GT 5-speed. Nice. Very good fit and finish, and I have to admit, those that say it looks better in person than photos are right. Not near as rounded in front as the pics look, and the rear doesn't look so fat.

The hood, especially, looks very much like my '65. Sleek and fast-looking.

But the interior is the best - very much improved, and very comfortable in driver's position. Everything seems to fall right into your hands when you need it. Very good ergonomics.

I thought it was a pretty good review, especially coming from a young guy who is obviously biased toward imports. If you bothered to read his other reviews you would have found that he doesn't praise just any foreign car, so what he said about the Mustang was very favorable.

This is a site for Mustang enthusiasts and we tend to overlook most of the Mustang's shortcomings. I do, and I've owned a lot of imports over the years. I don't get upset when I read when reviewers beat on the car for what I also think are obvious flaws. I just enjoy my car for what it is. It's a cost inspired compromise that has finally been redesigned, thankfully, but my 95 still makes me smile when I drive it. And isn't that what it's all about?

I did chuckle at his comment about the Mustang not being a practical car. Remember, this came from an Eclipse driver.

believe him

i just tested a v6 and he is right the steering is heavy!
8.5# vs. 4.5# in my 67. too much pain with tennis elbow.
Also forward visability is awful compared to my 67. i can see my 67's headlight doors on both sides. the 05 is blind as my 72 vette. this is progress?
The rear 1/4 windows give a good rear/side view for lane changes, however.

very good review IMO, I agree with many of his observations about the 99-04 too. I think his comment about the eclipse feeling just as fast is valid, the mustang feels much slower than it really is. That's one of the reason so many people think the LT1 and LS1 cars are so fast. They are definitly fast and they feel it, but not that much more than the mach1 in the numbers, yet the mach1 still feels slower.

"I'll admit right now that I've never been a "Mustang guy." Up until this experience, I had always dismissed the Mustang as a car reserved for hormonal high-schoolers, or NASCAR types still wary of "those furrin' jobs." Ford didn't help this situation by letting countless opportunities for a redesign lapse, preferring to let an outdated product sell itself on nostalgia and stubborn brand prejudice. If this had gone on much longer, the Mustang may have found itself headed to the same dragstrip-in-the-sky that received the Camaro and Firebird two years ago."

The guy is an idiot

Really, how many people cross-shop a Celica/Acura/Mustang? Not many I'm sure its a no contest, the Mustang is winner of that comparo. If you want a small car that gets good MPG, you will buy an import. If you want a V-8 coupe with 300hp and great looks wiht decent handling, you buy what? A Mustang.
-Jason

oh and btw, I hate NASCAR and am far from high school. I'm a professional middle class job holder thank you.

Mr. Idoit wannabe auto journalist thinks front-wheel-drive is synonymous with "tighter handling and higher technology"

I'm guessing this dork is cheating on his journalism assignment by ripping sections of different reviews and cobbling it together like it's his own. He drives a FWD eclipse and complains about understeer? This is exactly the type of person who has never had any fun in a real car (i.e. RWD+torque) because he is too scared to drive it at the limit, then decides the chassis must be too primitive for him.

i think his quote "Its throws are surprisingly lengthy, despite the stubby lever, and it feels mushy and rubbery going through the gates. Its effort is no longer laborious--if anything, it's a bit too light--but it was a real let-down to feel all that soft mush between each gear." is not too smart, my sister drives a 2000 eclipse gt and i have driven it many times, sure the throw may be shorter...but talk about light and rubbery and mushy...at least he loved the clutch on the new stang, thats another thing that i liked about my sis' eclipse it has a good feeling clutch.

but my point is dont complain about the shifter if your car aint any better