Progress Thread Epik's Official Progress Thread

More Progress....

Last week I got the car ready for a 400+ mile cruise & a HUGE car show...

1st up was a full detail with Meguiars products. Yeah, I know its not high end stuff, but I have had great success with it. The process was clay bar, paint cleaner, polish, carnuba wax, & then I followed that up with Meguiars "ultimate" quick wax... I hate to say it, but I have owned the car for 2 years now, & this was the 1st time I detailed it... It needed a claybar BAD!!!

This was how the clay looked after doing the top part of the rear bumper only:eek:
005-1.jpg

Being that I was super busy all week getting ready for my trip, unfortunately I didn't get any finished pics other than some VERY bright outdoor pics, but I will get some nice pics this week....

Next up was a new 6 piece headlight kit froim 50 resto to replace my yellowed originals. This was their 'budget" kit, but the quality was pretty decent IMO...

002-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

Old headlights...
009-2.jpg

New headlights...
010.jpg

New on the passenger side & old on the driver side... You can see my shiny freshly waxed hood too:D
015-1.jpg

Here is the car all cleaned up @ the Fabulous Fords Forever car show @ Knott's Berry Farm in L.A....

129.jpg

I Also installed a new OEM clutch cable from maximum motorsports since the LT's melted my old one. I had to use a heat sheild from MM around the cable to keep the new 1 from melting too... Anybody out there with Mac LT's, how do you keep the clutch cable from melting because it basically touches the headers everytime the cutch is engaged?

Also, I know this is kind of a Noob question, but how & the heck do you adjust Fox headlamps???

Dude ive been spending the last week trying to adjust my headlights, there are 3 thread jamb nut type things that you have to swap over from the old ones to the new ones, just takes time and a 6mm socket and you'll get it

oh and BTW you wear gloves to claybar a car? cough wuss cough :rlaugh: :D oh and i moved the mounting tab for the clutch cable forward a bit and it keeps it from contacting the headers

• Sponsors (?)

Dude ive been spending the last week trying to adjust my headlights, there are 3 thread jamb nut type things that you have to swap over from the old ones to the new ones, just takes time and a 6mm socket and you'll get it

oh and BTW you wear gloves to claybar a car? cough wuss cough :rlaugh: :D oh and i moved the mounting tab for the clutch cable forward a bit and it keeps it from contacting the headers

I basically swapped over all the old stuff from the old headlights to the new ones, but I didn't see any jamb nuts?

LOL, I was wearing gloves because my hands get all cracked & dry from my job which is servicing & refilling fire extinguishers. The dry ABC powder from the extinguishers & various chemicals make my hands crack & it hurts every time I got the detail spray in the cracks LOL...

looks good bro. im with you on the claybar. i can feel the paint on my notch needin it too.

headlights look good. the little jam nuts adjust the caster of the headlight essentially. tightening the TOP nut, will push the headlight housing downward. loosening it will pull the housing back, raising your light beam.

looks good bro. im with you on the claybar. i can feel the paint on my notch needin it too.

headlights look good. the little jam nuts adjust the caster of the headlight essentially. tightening the TOP nut, will push the headlight housing downward. loosening it will pull the housing back, raising your light beam.

Thanks bro....

Anybody have a pic of these Jam nuts, because I dont see them on my headlights?

Thanks bro....

Anybody have a pic of these Jam nuts, because I dont see them on my headlights?

you know those threaded rods you had to remove by popping those small clips out, there were 3 of them, that were attached to the black adjustment plate, the two right above and below each other is for up and down adjustment the lone one on the other end of the light is for left to right adjustment

you know those threaded rods you had to remove by popping those small clips out, there were 3 of them, that were attached to the black adjustment plate, the two right above and below each other is for up and down adjustment the lone one on the other end of the light is for left to right adjustment

Ok, I know what threaded rods you mean...

btw dude how far are you from this listing?
1989 ford mustang 5.0

I live about 5-10 minutes from the blue car. I can check it out if you want, but the car in modesto is about an hour or so south of me...

WOW!!!!! The car looks insane Dustin! Wanna fly to NY and do mine? :D

LOL... Thanks Bro, buy me a ticket, I would love to see NY...

Really though, the paint looks good for what it is. Its very shiny, but still does have a lot of fine scratches, knicks, chips, etc, but its MUCH better than it was 2 weeks ago...

BTW, I finally got to install that 180 Tstat I got from you. LOL

LOL... Thanks Bro, buy me a ticket, I would love to see NY...

Really though, the paint looks good for what it is. Its very shiny, but still does have a lot of fine scratches, knicks, chips, etc, but its MUCH better than it was 2 weeks ago...

BTW, I finally got to install that 180 Tstat I got from you. LOL

Haha, I wish! I can barely afford a movie ticket at this point. :p Glad to hear you are finally using that thermostat, haha. Jesse (MACn89BlkStang) actually just told me the reman alternator I sent him lasted him a while until it finally crapped the bed. Gotta love free stuff!! lol

PS- I think I'm gonna use your detailing method and the same products you used on my new DD. I'm not gonna whore my pics in your thread, but head on over to 4.6 Talk to check it out of you want and let me know what you think! :nice:

Thanks again guys....

looks great man. tint the windows 35 percent all the way around and call it good for now. what kinda motors setup in that? if you mentioned it i apologize, im going to check the rest of the thread now.

I have been meaning to do a tint on this car, just don't want to go very dark like I did on my Mach...

Here is a recap of the motor setup...

=Bone stock 93 bottom end
=Edelbrock performer 2.02/1.60 heads
=1.6 rockers on the intake & 1.72 rockers on the exhaust
=E cam
=Edelbrock RPM II
=BBK 70mm TB
=BBK fuel regulator
=Mac cold air
=C&L 73mm maf
=24# injectors
=underdrive pullies