Est. HP On GT-40 5.0???

2BADSTANGS

Jun 19, 2008
Colorado
Ok, I am putting together the following setup in my '93 GT and was wondering if someone was running a similar setup and may be able to give me a HP estimate for this setup. FI 302 Cervinis ram air setup 70mm MAF, 65mm TB, Cobra Upper and lower intake, 24lb injectors, GT-40 heads (Standard, not P's) Mostly stock style bottom end. Summit headers, stock H pipe and cats, flowmaster cat backs.
Think that's pretty much it. I dont have it in yet, so I cant have it dyno'ed. But waiting to see what she'll do is killin' me. Anyhow all input is appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

I shouldn't post after I've been drinking BUT...

exactly how do roller rockers free up hp???

make the engine rev quicker yes, make hp no

Make the engine rev quicker without an increase in HP? Is it magic? I agree that RR aren't worth much more than jack diddly **** on a stock engine, but by virtue of reduced friction and increased valve lift, they do, in fact, increase power output. The stock stamped steel pieces are known for flexing and having inconsistent lever ratio. Most dyno results I've seen its less than 10 HP, but I would argue that its a good mod when building an engine from the shortblock-up.

Anyway, if I were putting aftermarket heads and cam on an engine (easily a 1000-2000$ purchase in total), I'd drop a measly 200-300 bones on a proper set of RR just for peace of mind. :shrug:

ive seen back to back tests on a stock motor in one of the mags a long time ago and they picked up 3HP with the roller rockers. they will help out the valvetrain, but on a stockish motor, its not worth it unless you are getting them for under 100 bucks