Ever have a migrane....

• Sponsors (?)

I used to get migranes 2-3 times a month when I was younger. I kinda grew out of them.
I know how it feels though.. My eyes felt like they were popping out..I would be in tears it hurt so bad..Then I'd vomit, and it would begin to get better.

Sorry to hear that :( Hope your feeling better now though.

I get about 2 a year...and mine are more or less a vision and ballence type though. It starts by me seeing a blury spot that appears dead center of my vision, and that soon turns into a line about 1 inch long I guess. Then it starts slowly moving over to the right side of my field of vision and eventually dissappears (about 45 mins total). When I first started getting this, I used to go about my business and after it was over, I would get a bad headach behind my eyes and I would have almost no sence of ballence, and I would start feeling sick. Now when I start to get those, I simply go to sleep....and IMO that cuts the after effects down (pain wise and severity) by over half.
I was told that the line was an arrora (sp?)...basically a warning that im about to get a migrane.

So what about you San~man, does the migrane just HIT or do you get some sort of warning?

I get about 2 a year...and mine are more or less a vision and ballence type though. It starts by me seeing a blury spot that appears dead center of my vision, and that soon turns into a line about 1 inch long I guess. Then it starts slowly moving over to the right side of my field of vision and eventually dissappears (about 45 mins total). When I first started getting this, I used to go about my business and after it was over, I would get a bad headach behind my eyes and I would have almost no sence of ballence, and I would start feeling sick. Now when I start to get those, I simply go to sleep....and IMO that cuts the after effects down (pain wise and severity) by over half.
I was told that the line was an arrora (sp?)...basically a warning that im about to get a migrane.

So what about you San~man, does the migrane just HIT or do you get some sort of warning?

That is exactly what my wife describes when she gets a migrane. Once the "Aura" starts she takes medicine and gets into bed to sleep.

Sanman:
If you get the type of symptoms described above try Excedrin Migrane... It is a great over the counter fix for this problem. If it does not work and you get these regularly go see a doctor... they have a lot they can do to help.

Matt

I get those "Silent Migraines" with the broken/blurry vision. They use to last about 3 hours or so afew years back, but now they last only about 45 minutes and then go away. I never have any pain or anything. I just go about my business while my vision is screwed up and then it disappears.

mine are bad sort of like yours. I get that blury vision in one eye and then it starts to go away after 20 mins and then whatever eye was the one goin blurry is the side of my body that goes numb. And i mean i cant move at all and then once my feeling in my body starts to come back i loose my speech and cannot talk at all for about 30 mins and then after about and hour all this comes back. When my speech goes away i cant even think you could ask me a question and it could be like what is your name. My name comes into my head but then i loose my train of thought. I get them bad it sux and the last time i had one was my last exam and it ended 5 minutes before my exam so i was basically still partly retarded and i got a dang D on that exam after studying my butt off.

^:eek: wow...and yes I know what you mean about loosing your ability to think. I think it was last year, I had one that SCREWED me over. I felt super sick, and I was about 45 mins from home. Dad bought me an alkeselser (sp lol) and a sprite...after that I really got messed up. I drove off and I could hardly keep the car on the road, weaving everywhere and everything, and my limbs started going numb, but I could still move. I got home and was ALL foggy headed...could only think of one thing "GOT TO GET TO MY BED!" . I was out of it...by far the worst one I had ever had. I think the alkaselser messed me up though.

mine are bad sort of like yours. I get that blury vision in one eye and then it starts to go away after 20 mins and then whatever eye was the one goin blurry is the side of my body that goes numb. And i mean i cant move at all and then once my feeling in my body starts to come back i loose my speech and cannot talk at all for about 30 mins and then after about and hour all this comes back. When my speech goes away i cant even think you could ask me a question and it could be like what is your name. My name comes into my head but then i loose my train of thought. I get them bad it sux and the last time i had one was my last exam and it ended 5 minutes before my exam so i was basically still partly retarded and i got a dang D on that exam after studying my butt off.

You should probaly see a doctor about that bro, thats definatly not a normal thing.

Interesting. I am just fresh out of the hospital, with a massive headache, as I came across this thread. I just had a mini stroke, and some other messed up stuff. I lost vision in my right eye, no hearing in my right ear, and my balance was way off. I was even stuttering a bit. Turns out I had a Subdermal Hemotoma in my brain. It caused all sorts of interesting headaches before, and had now moved on to a dangerous place. I had to have an embellectomy. Now, my head feels like it's in a 302's cylinder, with a domed piston, a 289 head on it, and a copper shim head gasket.

I get them quite often too...the only thing I can do is sleep it off. In a real dark room. I usually don't even make a dent in the pain until I pop 4 Tylenols and rest it off.

Oh...and a warning. san~man with a headache and his new found ban stick might get you in trouble. Be careful.