Ever have Second Thoughts?

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
Well today might be the day I sell the 67 coupe. I posted months ago about selling my 67 project in order to start working on my 93 GT, plus I have my last college tuition payment(5 more months and I'm done, lol). Anyways, I'm sorta having second thoughts about selling the 67, anyone know how that feeling is? She is a nice looking car-basically needs a rebuild(or a 351w would be nice), tranny rebuilt(or new), could use paint at some point but the original paint isnt too bad, rear seat needs upholstery redone. There is no rust on the car, clean title, all original-numbers matching, has the center console/map light, luxury package,etc. I'm almost thinking to just keep it already and store it till I have more money and time to do things with it. At the same time, I just think about all the wonderful things to finally do to my 93 GT(my baby and daily driver since junior year of high school). I want to build a stroker, hc/i, etc. However, when I fire up the 67 and sit inside and imagine cruising down the street....makes me have second thoughts and I really hope I won't regret selling her. I would be making a decent profit on the sell though and then I can focus on the 93. I'm just not sure what I should do.

What do you guys think!?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a '68 coupe and an '88 GT. I was in the same situation as you a few years ago. I decided to keep the '68 coupe and ended up resto-modding it.

Best decision I ever made. We've had soooo much fun in the '68. We get tons of attention wherever we go. It's hard to fill it up with gas without getting mobbed. (click the cardomain link in my sig to see how it turned out).

I love them both, but the '68 is a classic and will always be a very special car. The '88 is a blast to drive but it draws no where near the attention and respect that the '68 does.

I'm currently building a 331 (almost done) for my '88 GT. It's been tough having the car down, but driving the '68 sure helps alot :D

Trust me, you will probably regret selling your '67, especially if it's all paid for. There's plenty of time for modding your 93. You're young and will be earning more and more as your career progresses when you graduate in a few months.

I say, be patient, keep the '67, and in 3 years you will be very glad you kept it :nice: