Everybody with MSD ignition post here

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to say the best place would be to move the battery to the trunk and put the msd box where the battery was, or to lengthen the wires and put the msd under the passanger seat.

But most people on here including myself put the box in the upper right corner of the engine compartment.

Attachments

• engine1.JPG
    engine1.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 164
Take off the front drivers side wheel...remove plastic spash gaurd, mount MSD Ignition to upper right side of engine compartment in wheel well...route the wires out the hole by the windshield washer bottle to the battery and run remaining wires down the strut tower brace accordingly. Reinstall spash gaurd and wheel.

MSD's iggy's don't like heat too much and in the engine compartment it can have a high ambient temperature.

calitower said:
Take off the front drivers side wheel...remove plastic spash gaurd, mount MSD Ignition to upper right side of engine compartment in wheel well...route the wires out the hole by the windshield washer bottle to the battery and run remaining wires down the strut tower brace accordingly. Reinstall spash gaurd and wheel.

MSD's iggy's don't like heat too much and in the engine compartment it can have a high ambient temperature.

Yah, there is a lot of room to install stuff in there. That's where I put my CCRM. I didn't put my MSD box there because I wanted to be able to change the RPM pill if I wanted to.