EVERYONE I HAVE AN URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT!

• Sponsors (?)

i should have done it a long time ago

what are you doing with your old gears? and what is the difference in gas milage since you've put 4.10's from your 3.73's? also what is your RPM's at 60 and 70 with 3.73's and 4.10's??

i'm debating about 3.73's or 4.10's.. although i just did a 5 hour road trip and got 25.2 mpg with stock gears.. gunna be hard to give that up stock gears i'm right on 2000 rpm's at 70 i have a T-45 tranny like you.

what are you doing with your old gears? and what is the difference in gas milage since you've put 4.10's from your 3.73's? also what is your RPM's at 60 and 70 with 3.73's and 4.10's??

i'm debating about 3.73's or 4.10's.. although i just did a 5 hour road trip and got 25.2 mpg with stock gears.. gunna be hard to give that up stock gears i'm right on 2000 rpm's at 70 i have a T-45 tranny like you.

i gave my old gears to the guy that put them in, he only charged me $400 for a full rebuild, all ford racing parts so i felt that was fair. he can put them in his fox or sell them, its up to him. gas mileage is about the same although i dont really worry about it after all, it is a mustang. if your gonna put gears in, go with the 4.10's you wont regret it, they make the car much more responsive and pull much harder than the 3.73s.

i gave my old gears to the guy that put them in, he only charged me $400 for a full rebuild, all ford racing parts so i felt that was fair. he can put them in his fox or sell them, its up to him. gas mileage is about the same although i dont really worry about it after all, it is a mustang. if your gonna put gears in, go with the 4.10's you wont regret it, they make the car much more responsive and pull much harder than the 3.73s.

thanks for the advice... and that really seems to be the pattern. so i suppose when the time comes 4.10's it'll be! enjoy yours :)

I purchased my car with 3:73 in it and they sucked butt! 4:10 are the way to go, and are lots of FUN! You are correct, 3:73 are a little on the sloppy side. With the 4:10 you can get the tires to chirp or burn like nothin. I have an automatic and I can get it to burn in 2nd at 5500RPM.

Have Fun I know I do!