Everyone with a 94-5 cobra intake get in here

cmozez said:
Tom, that dyno sheet is depressing me. I think I may just sell my Cobra intake, crane 1.7rr and just stay stock. I don't think it will be worth my time and trouble to swap this stuff out.

That is not your combo, but I still maintain that a professionally ported lower intake will perform in average numbers very close to a stock Cobra. On the other hand, if you plan on new heads that flow better in the future, then the Cobra is not a bad move.

• Sponsors (?)

tom.......so do you think i will gain enough HP by going to this intake, that i can get over the torque loss......Will the ported cobra make me lose even more torque than just swapping over to the cobra the way it is in stock form....Andy got a higher peak hp but a lot lower peak torque.......HMMMMMM..

Tom what do you think i should do in my situation.......here is my combo again.....

e7 heads proff. P&P'd, 1.94 1.60 valves
b-cam w/ 1.7rr, = .510 I, .510E lift with 224 224 duration....and 110 LSA
full exhaust..headers x-pipe, mac dumps
underdrives
soon to be 65 mm TB
soon to be 75 mm MAF
soon to be 24# injectors
no smog
no a/c
fluidyne rad.

I have my JMS chip on the way.........so lets see what it does about my fuel issue and i may redyno before the swap....

just give me your professional opinion tom........

jason

I think the work being done to your heads will influence the recommedation anyone would make significantly. Unless your going to have them flow tested it will be somewhat of an unkown. If they do really good work, the Cobra is probably the better choice. Ported intake or not I cannot answer without flow numbers on the heads.

they told me that they flowed or "should flow" in the 230's.....can't remember how they worded it........

Should i sell it and get a performer.....:shrug:......

these heads aren't going on the new motor i have started on......

jason