Exhaust Clip Request

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
So my wife is MAKING me get a catted pipe after the hassle I went through to get an inspection. I'm gonna try an X this time.

Clip Request:

Any CATTED X-pipe ... with shorties ... and any catback. If you have LT's, that is fine I guess. But in particular, I especially want to hear a catted X with a side exit catback.

And yes, I have searched Don's site a million times. :D

• Sponsors (?)

i cant picture a cop ever getting on his knees and looking under a car where im from. maybe there not that dedicated lol i dont think they even do modded exhaust tickets in my area any more:nice:

i run no cats here in cali, and my car is extremely loud, havent had a problem with the cops yet, theyve been right behind me and next to me numerous times. ofcourse i am driving it easy when they r next to me and specially behind me, my friends say under wot smoke comes out my tailpipes,lol i think its just rich or maybe oil burnin hehe

What's the fine for not having cats on the car?

alot, car may even be impounded i suppose. I take the risk because i dont asshat around all day. cops know V8s are loud just like they know harleys are generally loud..but they know civics arent suppose to be loud and thats why ricers always get harassed for their can of bees they always weld onto the tailpipe :) :nice:

Doing more exhaust work on the truck. It never ends. But seriously ... I may just do the hack welds on my H.

Inspectors told me "as long as we can see it ... I don't care if it is held in by wire coat hangers". That was inspiring. :rolleyes:

Now to go find some old cats ....

Not sure if you are understanding Eric, lol.

I have no cats ... so instead of buying another pipe ... I shall "modify" the one I have. i.e. ... cat/con shells + welder = passing visuals. :D

Well yeah ... but all gasoline powered cars had to be OBD-II starting in 1996, right? ( Some cars were OBD-II before '96, though)

The law here is '96-newer has to do sniffer. I thought it was like that everywhere.

I couldnt tell you.

I dont even have to pass a visual inspection.

I got my car inspected and passed with straight pipes, 5% tint, and my tinted tail lights.

And the shop that did my exhaust inspected it. lol

Well yeah ... but all gasoline powered cars had to be OBD-II starting in 1996, right? ( Some cars were OBD-II before '96, though)

The law here is '96-newer has to do sniffer. I thought it was like that everywhere.

Must be nice to live in North Carolina! :)

Some states are different. Georgia has some counties that don't require emissions testing (no sniffer, no visual, but maybe something really basic for safety sake), but many other counties have the visual, sniffer, and other tests.

I have to pass the very strict one. Cars older than 1985 or thereabouts are exempt in all of Georgia.

There is no uniform law for all states. Hopefully, Georgia will make OBD-I cars exempt, but I don't think that's even on the political table here.