Exhaust Help?

66mustanger

Apr 17, 2004
mason,ohio
Hello and Thanks for taking the time to read my Thread. Im new to this website and find it full of useful resources.

Anyway, I have been Restomodding a 1966 Mustang Coupe for the last 3 years, I have just completed all of my suspension upgrades. But in order to get it on the road, I have to complete my headers and a flowmaster system of some kind. Now for my ?. I use to have a 90 lx notch-back that was very heavily modified for the track. It had the most aggressive sound for such a small block 302. I sold it to make this purchase, However, does anyone know what a 289cu. in. V8 sounds like with headers and 2 1/2 in. exhaust. And if so, what recommendations do you all have. I want to do this right. Id prefer the louder the better(not Cherry Bomb sound) Im trying to mimic the sound of the way mustangs sound today with flowmaster 2 chamber muffs with off road H-pipes. Do you think they would sound remotely close? Any info would help. Id like to hear someones car to if I could. Id appreciate it.

Thanks and keep mustanging.
66 mustanger

• Sponsors (?)