Exhaust Leak?

May 6, 2003
Georgia
I have stock headers, BBK O/R x-pipe and Magnaflow exhaust. Within the past week I have noticed it making a metal-like vibration everytime I let off the gas to shift into second and third. It also seems to be louder (and not good loud, more like old ford truck loud.) I checked under the car and noticed no obvious leaks. Also it doesn't do it at idle only under load. Any ideas

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well I found the leak and the cause for the metal-like vibration. I have lost a nut from one of the brackets that hold the x-pipe to the headers. It is now to dark to see, what size are those bolts?(nuts?) It is definitly leaking from there, can I possibly wait until tomorrow to fix? I have been driving it this way for the past three days with no problem other than embarassment.

thanks

i dunno bout the stock (i think they are same as mine) but i have bbk shorty headers and mine were 12mm bolts. i need to pick up some stainless steal ones cause mine keep loosening up when they heat up but im almost 100% sure mine are 12mm. now i dunno if it is the same size as stockers tho

how come I cant find anywhere to buy simple 12mm bolts. Everywhere I go either looks at me blankly or tells me that I must pull off the entire exhaust for them to look at it. Is it really that big of a deal. I am just missing two nuts (one on each side) Any help?