Exhaust Leak?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 9430250, Dec 10, 2003.

1. I have stock headers, BBK O/R x-pipe and Magnaflow exhaust. Within the past week I have noticed it making a metal-like vibration everytime I let off the gas to shift into second and third. It also seems to be louder (and not good loud, more like old ford truck loud.) I checked under the car and noticed no obvious leaks. Also it doesn't do it at idle only under load. Any ideas

2. Check the bracket that holds the air compressor line to your cats I don,t have cats but that bracket has broke 3 times from torque and sounds the same as a leak
  3. well I found the leak and the cause for the metal-like vibration. I have lost a nut from one of the brackets that hold the x-pipe to the headers. It is now to dark to see, what size are those bolts?(nuts?) It is definitly leaking from there, can I possibly wait until tomorrow to fix? I have been driving it this way for the past three days with no problem other than embarassment.

4. i dunno bout the stock (i think they are same as mine) but i have bbk shorty headers and mine were 12mm bolts. i need to pick up some stainless steal ones cause mine keep loosening up when they heat up but im almost 100% sure mine are 12mm. now i dunno if it is the same size as stockers tho
  5. thanks it will be a good place to start
  6. how come I cant find anywhere to buy simple 12mm bolts. Everywhere I go either looks at me blankly or tells me that I must pull off the entire exhaust for them to look at it. Is it really that big of a deal. I am just missing two nuts (one on each side) Any help?