Exhaust leak

rllndg17

Jun 9, 2004
I installed an SLP lm II catback on the car yesterday afternoon. The instal itself was straightforward, but I do have a leak where the h-pipe hooks up to the rest of the catback. Here's the problem, I can't tighten up the exhaust anymore at that particular hookup...the exhaust flanges from the H-pipe and catback are right up one another. I've had this happen on another BBK h-pipe where one of the flanges had basically squished the pipe and was able to slide off.

I'm thinking I may swing by autozone and buy a new exhaust flange and see if that fixes it. This has happened to me 2x with BBK midpipes now...Before I do that though, I was gonna see if any of you had had that problem and what you had done to fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I messed around with it some, but the flanges are flat against one another. I know that on my last bbk pipe I messed with it for a long time before I realized that the metal had just given in and gotten too maleable. I'm going to try to mess with it some more this afternoon. It's a significant leak on both sides, almost as if the four flanges are incompatible or something. I can see water squirting out and I can hear it...it sucks, I've done my exhaust several times and I've never had an issue!