Exhaust leak

Itkix

Mar 9, 2009
I know I've read this but do you think its true, I have a slight exhaust leak where my hpipe meets my header and my car will not idle below 1100 rpm without a surge who believes this could be the cause, Ive had exhaust leaks on other stangs but all they had were like hpipe,mufflers,cai, and had no problems with them, and any good product to fix this leak. Just wondering. besides that cream stuff that just flakes off later. see sig. for mods.

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same issue with my BBK shorties and H-pipe. I am fixing it with new long tube headers and h-pipe:D

Well I did fix the exhaust leak on the shorties, too. I searched around on this forum and came up with a Walker exhaust gasket 31540. Fel-pro number is 60458. It is a Nissan part number but it does work. I just cut the ends off each side so that the bolt holts were open and put it on the header studs then hooked up the H-pipe normally. It seemed to do the trick.

Ive got BBk longtubes so 02's are downstream probably about a foot or better from where my hpipe bolts up, got a mac hpipe the flange on it was way small, so I cut some bigger ones off a old x pipe I had and still leaks, but still dont know if that would cause idle problems.

Even with the exhaust leak behind the O2s, it can still suck in air, and backflow to the O2 sensor. My truck through a code for that issue about 3 months ago. The BBK headers use a ball and socket flange, which hardly ever leaks. I would take it apart, make sure the flanges aren't deformed, and clean them.

Kurt

Dont get any codes, I'm gonna take it apart again this week and see if I can get a better fit flanges are clean and round, but if I knew that wasnt causing surge I wouldnt fool with it.