Votes: 1 5.3%
  • SLP LM 2's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

bcollie67

Mar 18, 2008
Just put a set of long tubes on my 67 Fastback s-code 390 car. Currently I am running 2 1/2 inch pipes into a 2 1/4 inch Flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series mufflers. (don't ask why the mufflers are 2 1/4 inch, it's a long story) I want to get a set of mufflers that are have 2 1/2 inch outlet and inlet to help the big block breath a little better and want you guys opinions on what you think would sound the best.

1. Go back with a Flowmaster

2. Magnaflow

3. Borla

4. SLP LM 2's (don't know if anyone has tried these on any classics yet)

5. Other

• Sponsors (?)

I voted for Flowmaster.

If you think the 40 series is too loud you can get 50 series and it will be milder. You could also get super 40series. I have a super 40 on my truck and actually like it better than the regular 40 that was on it. Its almost as loud but deeper. My 65 will have original non delta 40's.

I don't like magnaflow. To me, It just sounds like a regular muffler and a glass pack have been molded together. Also, a friend of mine had magnaflow on his Lightning and you couldn't even hear it.

Well I think the sound from a lightning's magnaflow system is going to be very different than an early mustang system....I guess what we are seeing is you have to decide if you want a "glasspak" or "turbo" sounding system and go from there.
My only beef with mine is they are low....But the muffler shop could have made some changes to gain some ground clearence.

View attachment 272139
View attachment 272140