Exhaust Question!

• Sponsors (?)

YoungStang00 said:
I've got a couple questions about what i should do for an exhaust system. should i buy a borla catback exhaust, bassani catback exhaust, or flowmaster exhaust kit. Or should i go a muffler shop and get custom exhaust. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Everybody wants to get the best exhaust they can. Unfortunately, this question really doesn't have an answer because it's a personal preference situation. I've got a true dual flowmaster setup and i think it sounds great. Borla is very high dollar and very over-rated as well. Unless you plan on buying Borla headers later on, there's no point in dropping a grand on exhaust work. I've not heard anything about Bassani, so I can't really help you there. A lot of people on here seem to be going with Magna Flow. I still think that Flowmaster will give you the most sound, but that's not hating on anyone else's system. I have to admit that I'm probably a bit biased towards Flowmaster anyway, since this is the third Stang I've gotten their exhaust put on (2000 V6 True Dual, 2001 GT mufflers only, 2003 V6 True dual) and I've never had a problem out of them.