Exhaust question

• Sponsors (?)

well yesterday when i was cruising gratiot, alot of people were challenging me in their huge muscle cars so they must have thought it was a 5.0, some were even scared to. and another guy even asked me if my 5.0 could take his 04 cobra

ok so if u do think it sounds bad, how do flowmasters sound on our cars? is it still slightly loud and deep? becuase i dont want to loose my new deep tone. its sexy

well i think i am jsut going to go with no muffler, if anything i will put on a thrush resonator to add back pressure to prevent my valves from burning. all in all i like the sound, adding pipes will quite the sound down too, since mine exits under the drivers seat currently

Red_LX, you said the superturbos were too quiet. Is that the only reason you said to not get them. Are they performance worthy? Another question, if I bought the ultraflows and got 3 in. exhaust w/no cat, would my car sound like yours? I know you have max flows but I was wondering if they sounded similar.

Well, also like I said, I don't think the S-shaped flow path they use is very ideal for a turbo car. As for the sound- it would probably sound about the same, but then I have no way of predicting that. The max flows and ultra flows are the same design (straight through perforated core) but they may have different packing, etc.

ok for a super quiet set up what mufflers and pipe size for a na application cause its gonna be a couple years before I can go turbo.

So whats better for performance?

Pipe size, muffler type(cheap and quiet if possable).

The picture of Stinger's exhaust on his site looks like a mirror image of what it should be. The pic makes it look like the downpipe comes down from the left and cuts over to the right. You know what I mean? But other than that, do you like it on your bird? Did you notice a major power increase?

I have a picture of my exhaust laid out on the ground on my cardomain page if you wanna look at it.

Anyway, yeah I like it although I wasn't able to tuck it up under the car becaue the y-pipe was rubbing the driveshaft with the suspension at full droop. I suspect that might be just because of the Thunderbird being longer than a Mustang. Oh and yes, there was definitely a good power increase.

I was checking on other forums and a couple people had the Sacramento 3 inch downpipe w/no cat into a 3 inch MAC system. Others had ATR and so on. Is the Sacramento downpipe that connects to the stock Y pipe any good? I was talking to a guy that has a custom Y pipe split into 2.5 inch duals that he wants to sell for 50 dollars. If I got the downpipe and the Y pipe, that would be saving a lot of money. They said nothing about the dynomax mufflers, they liked MAC and Magnaflow. Right now, dynomaxes are cheaper. Anyone care to reply to this?

SVOconvLX85 said:
I was checking on other forums and a couple people had the Sacramento 3 inch downpipe w/no cat into a 3 inch MAC system. Others had ATR and so on. Is the Sacramento downpipe that connects to the stock Y pipe any good? I was talking to a guy that has a custom Y pipe split into 2.5 inch duals that he wants to sell for 50 dollars. If I got the downpipe and the Y pipe, that would be saving a lot of money. They said nothing about the dynomax mufflers, they liked MAC and Magnaflow. Right now, dynomaxes are cheaper. Anyone care to reply to this?
If the y-pipe is in good shape, I think it's a good deal at $50. The rest of your questions I cannot answer.