Exhaust Question

li'l Notch

Jul 6, 2006
Whats up guys. just needed to ask a smalll question? I just got my 88 notchback.and it has flowmasters with pro dumps. and i dont like them. i want to sound as close as i can to a cobra. i know im never going to sound like one . but i want the closest to it. thanx for the help.:SNSign: rules

• Sponsors (?)

I agree with everyone, we need way more info. As far as sounding like a 4v I too am in the same boat, I want my 5.0 to sound like one, but it is near impossible. This summer I plan to try a few different mufflers on it, but you will never get the 4v sound. Magnaflows, Bassani, and SLPs on foxes give it a close sound. Couple those with an off road X and it should be nice!

A Magnaflow cat-back and an X-pipe would probably be a good start towards the sound you're looking for, IMO. An X-pipe makes things sound a little less "chunky," gives it a slightly smoother tone like the 4.6's. Another option would be some Dynomax Ultra-Flow or Hooker Maximum Flow mufflers with tailpipes behind any X-pipe - all pretty similar in design.

If you want something of about the same tone, but a little more ballsy, go with what I'm running on mine (Pypes Violators and off-road X-pipe). Gets lots of compliments, and it doesn't have the obnoxious Flowmaster drone, sounds pretty civil in normal driving, sounds like hell on earth when you go WOT.