Exhaust Rasp/BLaapp Cure

Eedd52

Oct 30, 2010
A quick FYI...
Prior to this fix I had a no backpressure exhaust system(512Rwhp) ...
my system was a Pypes LT header with Pypes Metallic high flow cats and X Midpipe and Roush O/R Cat back. After installation, I had to clutch it past several State police vehicles on the way home. Way loud! Well when I got home I bought what I thought was a good deal on a Corsa Extreme axle back muffler system for $635. Only to find out that while very loud just at warm-up/startup and somewhat ok under 3k rpm, at WOT it was Blaaaapping and Thunderous, Again way too loud. But I found a solution you may want to explore. Now granted this works with MY setup. I used a pair of 2.5” CCInserts (Car Chemistry Shop) installed just after my Cats..with my current Corsa Extreme Axle Back, Roush Cat back tubes, and Pypes LT Headers and Metallic Cats with Pypes O/R X-pipe.... the sound is AMAZING.. Absolutely no BLAAAAAPPing or DRONE but still Aggressive as hell while more civilized at WOT. I kid you not... the amount of people doing Google search's to fix the sound of their Mustang exhaust note (And many other makes as well) is staggering. What research I’ve found is that all BLAAAAAAAAPPing and Drone sounds are indicative of little or NO backpressure. Reintroduce just enough backpressure and the negative sounds disappear. What with a high horsepower street car having power to spare...CCinserts will give just the solution to make the car sound as wicked as it should, without distorting your eardrums when you let ‘er loose for a bit.

PS. My brother installed CCInserts on his 2009 R/T Challenger with stock manifolds and cats but with a Magnaflow Catback (to cure an off idle drone) and it wound up being quieter than his stock exhaust! Which I don’t think was a good solution, moneywise or otherwise. BUT.. the off idle drone was drilling his head and he accepted the lesser of two evils... no drone but a quiet exhaust. Sooo...I believe this is the sound solution for a Great Mustang exhaust note in a (little to none) backpressure system, where some(?) horsepower is sacrificed to allow some(?)backpressure. It would/could be a dyno period piece for a Magazine review all for the betterment of the real street sound of power as well. A whole boatload of people are content not to bitch about the money they spent for a sound they cant really stand... :rolleyes: Huge upside IMHO for a week of dyno/decible time.

Summed up.. I all but gave up thinking I could have an aggressive exhaust at idle and WOT, while not getting a ticket for WOT loudness. Well... guess again, at least for me I’ve found a solution.
~regards
Eedd52

• Sponsors (?)